For those that might not already be aware, I’ll be speaking at this year’s Flashbelt conference in Minneapolis, MN, US June 13-16, 2010. Flashbelt is an annual conference focusing around Adobe’s Flash technology. The attendance limited to 400 people in an attempt keep it personable. The team brings in about 40 great speakers from Europe and North America to give sessions along 3 tracks; Design, Develop, and Engage. Several sessions tend to deal with all three aspects but some are more technical in nature and some are more theoretical. Flashbelt is really about bringing people together to share ideas and find inspiration to make great work; to explore and innovate. Things also don’t just evolve around Flash but you’ll hear and learn a lot about Information Visualization, Physical Interfaces, Arduino and other tools such as openFrameworks.
My session is called (as you’d expect): Apps That Inspire..
Will be discussing apps, devices, user experience and digital ecosystems via a selection of projects published on CreativeApplications.Net. From desktop, web to mobile and physical, this talk will be about the role creative applications play in both the physical and online domain. Why we should challenge the norm, question our relationship to technology and always try discover new ways to engage with information.
Besides of course this talk you wouldn’t want to miss :) here are few other things particularly interesting:
- 4 great workshops – including Developing Apps for the iPhone
- Flash AR workshops
- Hype Framework talk by Branden Hall
- Jer Thorp talk about Hypercard
- Keith Peters on programming art
- Joshua Noble on openFrameworks, Arduino and physical interfaces
+ so much more!!
Note that registration are moving faster than ever and seats a limited so registering early ensures you’ll get a seat – only 400 seats total, more than half of the seats are already taken. If you are a student there are special discounts.
Thanks to Flashbelt organisers, we have a ticket to giveaway to one of our readers, worth $658 US!!!. This includes a ticket for both the conference and a workshop. All you have to do is tweet the message about this post by clicking on the link below.
One lucky winner will be chosen this Wednesday 11pm GMT.
Rules and information
1. The event is being held in Minneapolis, MN, USA in June 13-16, 2010. You will need to arrange your own travel and accommodation (not included). If you win the ticket and you can’t make it to the event, we would appreciate you let us know so we can give the ticket to someone else.
2. Competition is open to everyone and anyone but you must be over 18 years of age. There will be a total of ONE winner for this competition.
3. Winner will be selected by random.
4. Winner will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name and postal address. If they wish to pass on a ticket to another person, we will need their name and postal address. If the winner does not respond by the following Friday (23rd April) we will pick another winner.
Posted on: 09/04/2010