Brave Man picks up on the all famous 5-finger fillet, a game of knives and fingers also known as theÂ knife game. Interestingly, the game of knives was first seen inÂ Roman Polanski‘s 1962Â filmÂ Knife in the Water, not that the game by Poppy bares any relation but it is nevertheless a nerve racking adventure illustrated using Poppy’s signature pixel art. The knife moves left to right and the task is to tap on the screen just as the knife is between the fingers. As you progress, the movement gets faster feeding panic into tapping rhythm. This is of course accompanied by the wonderful graphics and slightly bloody consequence of tapping too early or too late.
As with the Hotdog Panic, online ranking system is included where you can compare your score to others’. My best score is 38 but I am sure I can do better (see filip).
A wonderful new addition, as was with the previous games, collect them all!
- Apple and Monster [iPhone, Games] Now, if you follow CAN you know we are very fond of Poppy's games. I am not sure there was one game we haven't written about (maybe) but we won't make an exception now. Apple and Monster is the latest game in the series of apps Poppy has been creating. The latest creationÂ includes a simple task; to keep the girl as high as possible.Â The girl bounces on the line that you draw by a simple swipe.Â If the girl falls out of screen, you loose. Of course, once again game adopts already familiar TomTom (Poppy F) signature styleÂ retro pixel art already seen inÂ Brave Man (my fav),Â Sweep Man, Giant Metal Robot and Hotdog Panic. As with the Brave Man, online ranking system is included where you can compare your score to others'.Â A wonderful new addition, as were all the previous games. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: […]
- Hotdog Panic [iPhone] I am a big fan of Poppy's iPhoneÂ games and yesterday saw a release of Â Hotdog Panic, a new game adopting signature style of game collectables byÂ TomTom (Poppy F). Already mentioned hereÂ Sweep Man andÂ Giant Metal Robot,Â Hotdog Panic is aboutÂ Mr. Hotdog who loves hot dogs, but hates mustard. Your task is a simple one,Â throw away the hot dog that served with mustard source. Simple and fun. I should also mention that Hotdog Panic is the first ofÂ Poppy's iPhoneÂ gamesÂ that includes online ranking system. A nice addition which I hope will be added to other games too. What is wonderful in the games by TomTom is that they are simple creations where most effort has been put into the visual elements. Each game is a form of a comic strip, a simple idea that evolved into an interactive game. It's hard to call these just games as in their own right they are very personal exploratory creations. It is best to think of them as designer toys, keychains, mini apps to enrich your iPhone app collection. Collect them all and you win - pure joy. AboutÂ Â Giant Metal Robot Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: […]
- Giant Metal Robot [iPhone] A second game from the creator of Sweep Man,Â TomTom (Poppy F) has just been releasedÂ Giant Metal Robot. Adopting yet again gorgeous, retro, pixel art-y style, this time around it isÂ â€˜LisaLisaâ€™ and her dog â€˜Pinkieâ€™ who are attacked by wicked skeletons. Â Your job is to crush every skeletons within the time limit but being careful not to killÂ â€˜LisaLisaâ€™ or â€˜Pinkieâ€™ or throw them off the roof. What is wonderful in the games byÂ TomTom is that they are simple creations where most effort has been put into the visual elements. Each game is a form of a comic strip, a simple idea that evolved into an interactive game. It's hard to call these just games as in their own right they are very personal exploratory creations. It is best to think of them as designer toys, keychains, mini apps to enrich your iPhone app collection. Collect them all and you win - pure joy. See movie below for gameplay. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: […]
- Squareball [iPhone, Games] Squareball is a Arkanoid style arcade action game with simply beatiful minimal interface and coolÂ retro graphics, music and soundFX. It includesÂ 20 stages spread across 5 worlds in this first adventure with a new twist to Arkanoid gameplay. Instead of Â shifting left and right you are panning across a level avoiding obstacles in your way and destroying colored boxes. Slight 3D distortion in environment ads a sense of depth and the 60f/s gameplay with just awesome graphics is all you can ask for. I have just started playing and loving it. Fun, gorgeous, very addictive gameplay and considering there is a lite version (itunes link) also available, no reason not to download now and play. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $1.99 Developer: […]
- Piyo Blocks [iPhone] Somewhat inspired byÂ bejeweled, Piyo Blocks in a game by Big Pixel Studios where the task is to swap adjacent Piyo Blocks to match 3 or more of the same kind to capture them. Adopting wonderful pixel art style graphics with subtle but very effective animations and although quite similar toÂ bejeweled it nevertheless feels like a new experience. In other words if you are fan and love pixel art, it's the one for you. Piyo Blocks also comes in a Lite version which will only allow you to play time attack mode. The full version also includes piyo (capture the target number of Piyos to level up) and hyaku (capture 99 or more of any Piyos to level up)Â modes as well as rankÂ list. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $0.99 Developer: Big Pixel […]
- AskNumen [iPhone] AskNumen an application for the iPhone based on the web art projectÂ nudemessenger.com. The project created back in 2003 is a flash application allowing you to arrange andÂ organizeÂ and animate nudemen using the settings available. Nudemen was inspired by internet pornography taking into account that 12% of total websites are pornographic, most of them showing female nudity and targeted towards men. iPhone app is the port of the original project adopting slightly different function in the form of a screensaver and a tool to answer questions you may have.Â Simply say the question, and tap on the dialog bubble. They will give you a "YES" or "NO" with some jogging exercise. Interestingly, in a fun way, because iPhone design guidelines the dear Nudemen are actually dressed therefore are Numen. When the application launches, it will only have one Numen. As you rotate and shake the device, more of them might will come out. Put your device flat on the table, your Numen will wander around freely. Simple yet playful iPhone app that might come in quite useful when you are indecisive. Numen may be able to help. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: […]
- BLOCLOCK [iPhone, Games] A third game from the creator ofÂ Sweep Man andÂ Giant Metal Robot, Â TomTom (Poppy F) has just releasedÂ BLOCLOCK. Inspired by Breakout,Â BLOCLOCK is an interactive clock that acts like a screensaver and game when you pick it up. Watch the game play itself or if you fancy a bit of Breakout, pick it up, tap it and you have the controls, that is - tilt controls. A delightful take on the clock app. Something new and refreshing and of you are a fan of retro gaming, this one is for you. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: […]
- Monster’s Valley [iPhone, Games] After a short break comes a new release from Poppy called Monster’s Valley. Once again, beautiful pixel graphics and simple gameplay make this a wonderful addition to the growing collection of games from Poppy, TomTom and Jerry collective. The task this time is: Let monsters jump not to fall in the valley. In case you missed previous releases, it's never too late to catch up including Sweep Man (itunes link) which is now free! Previously: Brave Man, Apple and Monster, Hotdog Panic, Sweep Man and Giant Metal Robot Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $0.99 Developer: […]
Posted on: 28/06/2009
- Senior Digital Designer at CLEVER°FRANKE
- Interaction Designer at Carlo Ratti Associati
- Creative Technologist at Deeplocal
- HTML / CSS Developer at Resn
- Climate Service Data Visualiser at FutureEverything
- Web Developer at &Associates
- Creative Technologist at Rewind FX
- Coder to collaborate with Agnes Chavez
- Data Scientist at Seed Scientific
- Data Engineer at Seed Scientific
- Design Technologist at Seed Scientific
- Creative Technologist, The ZOO at Google