Coloroll is a simple but beautiful color matching game brought to you by soulbit7. You start with the base colors that are the root of the game. From these three colors, Coloroll suggests a target color. Your goal is to match the mixing area to the target color by adding and reducing portions from the three base colors. Once you succeed in matching the target, Coloroll gives yo a new target to match. Don’t like the target color? Drag the target down to the cube and Coloroll will generate a new color.
After you successfully match three colors, you move to the selection screen. This is a crucial part of the game. By selecting three new colors, you keep the game open and versatile, while by slelecting nuances of the colors you have just worked with, you go deeper into the nuances of color. Each time you finish a level, Coloroll divides the pallet a step further, making the game more challenging and interesting, and taking you deeper into the kingdon of colors.
Simple, clean, bold with wonderful screen transitions. There is also a lite version to download so no reason why not try today.
Developer: Quill Pen Studio
- Chromixa [iPhone, Games] Chromixa is a new and unique colour-blending puzzle game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The task is to arrange shapes of light to complete designed puzzles. Based on the colours found within white light; red, green and blue (RGB) combine to create new colours as shapes overlap. Like a jigsaw of light, your goal is to arrange the shapes to fill an outline with a single colour. As you complete puzzles, the points you earn can be used to unlock fun arcade-style mini games. Features: - 48 classic puzzles - 3 arcade-style mini games to unlock and play - Animated introduction tutorial - Simple one finger controls - Easy to pick up - Original music soundtrack by Stian Stark - Solve puzzles in any order, with no time limit - Quick puzzle reset - Play your own music A fun, all around puzzle game that should keep you busy for hours. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $1.99 Developer: Simon […]
- We Sliders [iPhone] Created by We Choose Fun, We Sliders is a simple puzzle game where the task is to arrange sliders into a vertical line. The game starts with only few rows and as you progress the number of rows increases. Each row is connected to a different row, ie dragging one to the left with make other move right. This does not work vice versa, meaning that sliders are not inter-connected. Your task is to find the perfect combination resulting in a continuos vertical alignment. This is all made extra wonderful by the colour of the sliders and the background which changes as you move the sliders. Absolutely lovely. This is an unconventional game with an unconventional interface. Learning how to use it is part of the game, that's what you need to know. See also Prelock for iPhone (itunes link) Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $0.99 Developer: We Choose […]
- MinMe [iPhone, Games] Created as part of last month's Experimental Gameplay Project, Chaim Gingold's MinMe is a response to the theme "bare minimum". Made in 1.5 days,Â MinMe is a clean, minimal puzzler with 10 levels. The former Spore developer notes that if enough people like and download this game, heâ€™ll happily expand it. Clean, fun, free, engaging with some pretty awesome screen transitions and sounds, I am left wanting more! Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: Free Developer: Chaim Gingold (via […]
- clockVetica [iPhone] This is one app that doesn't need any introduction or description. If are a fan, you'll buy. Simple, gorgeous, wonderful. Love Helvetica! Swiss-tested and designer-approved, clockVetica is an iPhone clock with a simple, clean interface with an appearance that can be changed by you! A beautiful clock that is a compliment for any desktop, no matter how messy. Features: â€¢ Features a vertical and horizontal layout based on orientation â€¢ Choose the display colors from 14 preset colors or... â€¢ Create custom color combinations â€¢ Choose to display seconds â€¢ Prevents the iPhone from auto-locking What more clock apps for the iPhone? SeeÂ here. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $0.99 Developer: […]
- Bitmask [iPhone] Is Sudoku too much work for you and a bit of a bore? Say hello toÂ Bitmask, a Soduku inspired puzzle where numbers are replaced with the task of fixing theÂ computer by unmasking the bits. Almost a pattern makingÂ exercise, the catch is that you may not repeat any three-bit pattern within a row or column. You switch bits by adjusting the switches. Some bits are fixed, others allow changes, as the numbers do in Sudoku. Bitmask captures the appeal and depth of Sudoku while eliminating its more tedious elements (i.e. the need to write possible answers in the margins). Three difficulty settings make the game challenging for players of various skill levels. A fun little game for any retro-geek. Watch the flashing leds as you try to discover better tactics to beat your best time. At times you may get lucky but sometimes you may need to work back to ensure that the combinations of bits work in both rows and columns. I have completed the game on easy but can see hard levels being a lot more challenging as you have more empty bits to fill. Interestingly, the game has been designed by Giuoco Piano, a name which also refers toÂ the oldest recorded opening in chess (wikipedia) but I don't think there is any relation, is there? Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $2.99 Developer:Â Giuoco […]
- 15 Great Apps for Your New iPad [iPad] As most of us already know and those who don’t are not from this planet, the iPad is launching in the US tomorrow. With all the excitement and hype we thought we'd collect the most exciting, well designed and impactful apps we came across for your new object of affection. Many of the reviews and hit lists we have seen are the usual suspects and although they fill the roles of getting things done, we at app.itize.us and CreativeApplications.Net like to look at things slightly different. This post is a showcase of some of the most inspiring, beautiful, challenging and most exciting apps out there at the time of the iPad release. Of course, we look forward to what is yet to come, as we are as excited about iPad as everyone else. Enjoy. Granimator™ A free-form, immersive touch and sound experience that allows you to become the artist using noted designers and artists special ‘design’ packs including signature elements, shapes and backgrounds to play with. Platform: iPad only Version: 1.0 Cost: Free Developer: ustwo™ Chirp Frame Turn your iPad into a simple and elegant twitter picture frame. there are 3 different stylized graphic themes to fit you and your own personal taste (black&white, western and nature). you can also respond to tweets in the app. Platform: iPad only Version: 1.0 Cost: $0.99 Developer: work in progress Touch OSC TouchOSC is an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad application that lets you send and receive Open Sound Control messages over a Wi-Fi network using the UDP protocol. Whilst this does not mean much for many, the usage of this app has no limits. Say you are a musician and want to control your Pro-Tools from your iPad or what if you have built an arduino robot you want to control from your iPad, well this is the way to do it. This is a must in the area of custom hardware software using OSC networks. Check it out even if you have no use for it today you may tomorrow.. Platform: iPad/iPhone Version: 1.5 Cost: $4.99 Developer: Hexler Raindrops for iPad Touch the screen and trigger pleasant musical sounds to your own beat. record your compositions and share with others online. you don't need any previous musical knowledge to enjoy this. Platform: iPad only Version: 1.0 Cost: $1.99 Developer: Masayuki Akamatsu , Yusuke Kawabata , Junpei Wada C64 Paint XL This is THE paint program from 1984. a retro pixel art inspired app that lets you paint on a canvas up to 160 by 200 pixels with all the 16 colors of the classic 8-bit computer of the 1980s, the Commodore 64. It has both square pixels and non-square pixels to replicate the way the C64 and other 8-bit computers really looked on a TV screen. Platform: iPhone/iPad Version: 1.0 Cost: $2.99 Developer: Felt Tip Inc Thicket An audio-visual mix and manipulation of texture, movement, line and tone. by drawing on the screen with your fingers, you create dense, mesmerizing sonic and visual patterns within a space of warm, bright, rhythmic sound design and constantly evolving, bending, elegant scrawls. Platform: iPhone/iPad Version: 1.0 Cost: $2.99 Developer: Interval Studios Inc Kaleidescope X Pad Much more than just a traditional kaleidoscope, this app is a creative tool for producing beautiful moving mirrored images... its literally an interactive work of art. comes standard with all the features you would expect in a digital kaleidoscope, but adds an impressive collection of features incl. a STEREOSCOPIC 3-D mirror and the amazing IMAGE SYNTHESIZER which creates image variations on the fly. Platform: iPad only Version: 1.0 Cost: $0.99 Developer: Gritless Digital Zen Bound 2 Amazing graphics and sound set the atmosphere for this zen inspiring puzzle app. you need to wrap a length of rope around various sized and stylized wooden sculptures. takes full advantage of tilt and multi-touch so you will not only need to use your fingers to wrap and twist the shapes, but also tilt your iPad to solve the puzzles. Platform: iPad only Version: 1.0 Cost: $7.99 Developer: Secret Exit Ltd The Elements: A Visual Exploration This is one of the most amazing digital experiences i have seen. not only an amazing resource to provide context to the periodic table, but, also takes full advantage of the tablet based interface of the iPad. over 500 examples of the chemical elements in virtual form and every one can be spun around a complete circle with the touch of your finger. you can even view them in stereo 3D using glasses available from the publisher. Platform: iPad only Version: 1.0 Cost: $13.99 Developer: Element Collection Depict HD This app was recommended to me by my good friend lopetz at büro destruct. an amazing pixel art game which you draw a picture and others across the internet (via openfeint) try to guess the image or take part and guess yourself. a unique take on pictionary, but with pixels. fantasitic idea and addicting to play. this version for iPad takes it to a whole new level. Platform: iPad/iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $1.99 Developer: Makeshift Games Intellivision This one brings back memories of me playing intellivision at my friends house after school on his families walnut cabinet tv set. the app has a selection of vintage titles for you to take you back in time. the visual design of the app and its various menus is spot on, down to the paddle controller and the pixelated graphics of the games. def one to get for the nostalgic values alone. Platform: iPad only Version: 1.0 Cost: $2.99 Developer: VH1 and MTV Networks TiltShift Generator my favourite photo manipulation app on the face of the earth has now come to the iPad. they have totally reformatted the controls specially for the tablet. amazing photo manipulations to make your photos look like they are shots with miniatures, toy camera images and fake DSLR. just stunning results from this app. Platform: iPad/iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $2.99 Developer: Takayuki Fukatsu & Takuma Mori Noby Noby Boy a fantastic port of the recent iPhone release from Keita Takahashi to the iPad. takes full advantage of the new screen size and has some enhancements as well. you can now paint on the background and save them as well. also, the controls are made much larger and easy for smaller fingers (and kids). just too insane to explain, so go get it! Platform: iPad/iPhone Version: 1.1.0 Cost: $1.99 Developer: NAMCO BANDAI Games IQ mirror X This app is deceptively hard, you need to replicate the randomly created dot pattern displayed in the mirrored pattern below it. use your fingers to change the sizes of the spheres to match the ones above, but, its not that easy, you have a time limit as well. Platform: iPad/iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $2.99 Developer: Studio Loupe Ludo Board Game This board game app is a result of the evolution of the well known ancient game Ludo (Latin: I Play) that we all played as kids. the board game itself has a very simple concept so it is suitable for anyone from 4 to 99 years. you can play solo against the computer intelligence or mix computer vs human to add an extra dimension of challenge. the graphics are elegant and colorful and represent the original with a twist. Platform: iPad Only Version: 1.0 Cost: $3.99 Developer: SIS […]
- Little Bugger [iPhone, Games] Few months since our preview of Little Bugger, the game is finally now available in the AppStore. Crafted in beautiful black and white, Little Bugger is a take on entomophobia (fear of insects). Squash as many insects as possible without letting any get away. Great sounds, very realistic insect movement and wonderful use of iPhone's multitouch capability give the game a really special quality. Global ranking is included together with different difficulty modes, achievements and 'Extended Play' (NEW) - step by step increase in difficulty through 16 levels. Simply a must have. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $0.99 (introductory price - limited time) Developer: Statik UPDATE 25.01.2010: We have 5 promocodes to giveaway! All you have to do is leave a comment below and we'll pick 5 random lucky winners later today. Thanks […]
- Pocketball [iPhone, Games] Pocketball is a themed UI physics puzzle game by Big Bucket Software just released in the AppStore. Your goal is to guide the colored balls into their corresponding pockets. By drawing ropes between pegs, you navigate the balls around boosters, gravity wells, pesky nukes and more. The game includes 30 stages, all wrapped in a wood themed interface with wonderful subtle animations. I have played a few levels and can see myself spending hours. For now, only full version is available but I have no doubt a demo (lite) will follow pretty soon. Features: • Auto-saves so that returning to a game feels like you never left. • Want to start over? Simply shake to remove all ropes and try again. • Full stereo sound. For more info + screens, see bigbucketsoftware.com/pocketball/ Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $1.99 Developer: […]
- Engineering Lead at Wieden+Kennedy
- Web Developer at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- Junior Production Assistant at Resonate
- WebGL/3D Creative Prototyping Devs at TheSupply
- Freelance Interactive Producers at Psyop
- Art Director/Senior Designer at Stinkdigital
- Creative Technologist, The ZOO at Google
- Jr. / Sr. Software Developer at Minivegas
- Web Developer at Minivegas
- Digital Producer at Minivegas
- 3D Technologist at INDG
- Creative Director at INDG