Latest game from Shaun Inman, Horror Vacui 2 is a two-player abstract strategy board game based on the antiquated notion that nature abhors a vacuum. The game involved two players (cpu or 2 humans), Water and Earth, who take turns placing pieces on the board. The temperature of each piece affects adjacent pieces. The player with the most normal temperature pieces when the board is full wins.
This is a paid update to the first version we wrote about few months back. Ver 2 brings two player mode, isometric view and a new soundtrack EP. Interestingly, unlike the audio in the first Horror Vacui which was created using the Korg DS-10 the sequel’s music and sound effects were produced generatively in MML.
Mac version of the game has also been submitted to the Mac AppStore.
NEW IN HORROR VACUI 2
- Same engaging strategy
- New dexterity-based reels and familiar luck of the draw cards
- Two board sizes for longer or shorter play times
- All new 8-bit isometric graphics
- Unique temperature and element animations
- Expanded and remixed 8-bit music plus all new sound effects
Platform: iPhone/iPad (Universal)
Developer: Shaun Inman
Posted on: 29/11/2010