Using his â€˜Zenoâ€™ algorithm (metamorphosis), Zeo is Glenn’s journey into C++/Objective C, and getting familiar with the Xcode IDE.
He describes development stages including elements like particles (dots) detaching form the stems and floating/swimming about…
- continuous growth (vines)
- dual background/foreground dynamic
- light/shadow (fog shading)
- particle motion to counter growth motion (with particle trails drawn)
- rhythmic camera sway between close up and long shot.
Itâ€™s these concepts, if â€˜nailedâ€™, will allow endless generative animation, yet maintaining visual interest, surprise, non repetition, artistic sensibility, spatial and temporal variety, and a subtle sense of narrative and purpose. In short, something which seems alive and creating itâ€™s own world, endlessly.