Gliss is new sound toy application which lets you play sound files and mix them easily by drawing on your iPhone.
Play your mix using a tempo or scrub through by tilting your iPhone. Gliss allows you to improvise and perform using the iPhone as a controller and an interface. Put sound under your fingertips with 5 different colors to draw your own notes, sequences and sounds. See video below for demo and although not the best composition I could come up with, you can imagine the fun and sheer extent of possibilities. Very impressive you’ll agree but with precedents.
- 5 colors to draw different sounds / samples / voices
- sample upload via wifi
- sample playback in different pitches using various scales
- physical tilt-controlled playhead, which adapts movements of the hand
- physical randomization option: control random pitches with the phone’s tilt
- muting voices
- glissandi over several octaves
- free or grid enabled placement of notes
- drifting selections
- saving / opening of projects
Posted on: 26/12/2009