Location: San Francisco
Type: Freelance / Contract Only, Per-Project Basis
Stimulant is looking for outstanding 2D and/or 3D freelance Visual Designers on a per-project basis to help expand our talented team in 2018. Our work frequently crosses the boundaries between 2D and 3D space, both physically and digitally. As a Visual Designer, we welcome your expertise in both realms as well. Perhaps you’re a 2D designer who thinks spatially, or a 3D designer who brings a unique point of view to interface design. We’re seeking talented interface designers who come from either a 2D or 3D background: if you like to solve hard problems with beautiful, meticulous design, we want to hear from you.
This position is contract-only on a per-project basis.
Stimulant is an interactive agency that brings spaces to life by transforming them into pioneering, any-scale interactive environments. We blend boundless creativity, emerging technologies and a no-detail-left-behind process to craft unique, never-before-seen temporary and permanent digital experiences. We deliver magical, transformative experiences: on-message, on-time, and on-budget, with integrity and a smile, and we love what we do. As a Visual Designer you will partner with the Design Director, Interaction Designers, Developers, and Producers to design and deliver world-class immersive experiences at the intersection of architecture, technology, and design.
Expertise & Abilities
• Envision and execute visual interfaces that are non-traditional and innovative yet fundamentally intuitive, natural, and human
• Conceive UI paradigms that communicate intrinsic, interactive behaviors
• Deep knowledge of the foundational principles of color, typography, and interactive patterns coupled with a well-developed point of view on how and when to diverge and reinvent
• Highly seasoned in working at 1:1 scale on extremely large, multi-screen displays: able to start at scale, manage file sizes, and adjust accordingly for bezels and fidelity
• Experienced in partnering with an interaction designer to translate concepts from wireframed behaviors to brand-right, full-scale, color comps
• Familiar with the constraints and best practices of human ergonomics for large-scale interactive environments
• Ready, willing, and able to cut your own assets perfectly to spec
Additional Skills (Optional)
• 3D design skills with the ability to render spatial environments to scale with a particular eye for three-dimensional form-giving
• Work samples or personal explorations of 3D interfaces, data visualizations, or digital spatial interactions
• Expertise in creating concept art or conceptual renderings
• Deep experience as a 3D artist who is interested in learning to design interactive interfaces
At the end of the day, you’re a designer who creates digital interfaces that don’t feel like software. Sound like you? Give us a call, we’d love to hear from you!
How To Apply:
Much of our work involves staging and prototyping with production hardware. For that reason, local candidates within the Bay Area are preferred. Remote candidates outside of the Bay Area who can provide 3 references specific to remote, freelance engagements will be considered.
To apply, please send a portfolio of your work and a brief cover letter detailing your professional experience as a contractor to email@example.com. Applicants without work samples will not be considered.