Company: Gallagher & Associates
Location: New York, NY
Gallagher & Associates is looking for a talented Contract Senior/Mid Frontend Web developer. We are currently seeking strong candidates with the ability to work in house as well as remotely. You will be reporting to a development team-lead on a per project basis. We are seeking candidates who exhibit a strong ability to communicate across disciplines and who have a strong portfolio of production quality work. You will be working in a dynamic environment where projects develop in a collaboration with a variety of departments including project management, visual design, ux design, etc.
G&A specializes in site specific interactive experiences. We are interested in using web technologies for traditional purposes (i.e. informational kiosks, micro sites), as well as challenging purposes such as locally distributed gaming mechanisms, WebGL realtime rendering, animations, and spatial exploration tools. The Contract Front Developer should be able to take ownership of project tasks and seamlessly execute alongside the rest of the development team.
You will work in collaboratively with internal design teams and with clients including renowned museums, corporations, universities and governmental organizations. Our projects range from traveling exhibits, to corporate centers, to large scale museums.
– Report to development team-lead about tasks, schedules, and status.
– Work independently and take ownership of tasks delegated by the team lead.
– Take ownership of bug fixing and visual troubleshooting.
– Pixel perfect design implementation.
– If possible, work in-office for periods where collaboration is advantageous.
– Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience; advanced degree a plus.
– Minimum 4+ years developing cutting edge web experiences.
– Experience working in an agile or iterative fashion.
– Working knowledge of backend technologies.
– Experience with long-running websites or installations.
– Experience working with GIT.
– Experience working with a ticketing system such as Jira.
– Experience working in an agency environment.
– Github portfolio with past work experience and personal projects.
Gallagher & Associates is a global award winning, full service museum exhibition design firm, specializing in design and development of interpretive 3D experiences and interactive media installations. We believe that the hallmark of any exhibit is storytelling and lies in its ability to capture a visitor’s imagination through sights, sounds and words. Constant collaboration between disciplines and with our clients is the foundation of our creative process. Gallagher & Associates’ collaborative working style facilitates the process that is required to develop a storyline that provides a rich, layered learning experience.
How To Apply:
Please submit a resume and a GitHub link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ideal candidates are located within the tri-state area and have the ability to work in Manhattan for short periods of time. Remote development is possible for strong candidates when the project allows.