Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Category: Art Director
People of INDG are looking for a new colleague, an interactive art-director to join us in Amsterdam.
INDG is very much 3D-oriented. It’s our bread & butter and most of what we do is based on 3D. We work on long-term projects for big boys like Philips, Electrolux, Honda, Whirlpool, Yamaha, Heineken and others. We do websites, apps, videos and more. Mostly these are not one-offs like advertising or promo-pages, but rather things that are supposed to live for a long time.
Historically, INDG has been focused on presenting physical products in digital space in all sorts of interesting ways.
With time, we became rather good at this and started automating a lot. This gave birth to powerful R&D and what we now call a ‘product team’, essentially a software company inside a design company.
And so, December last year, we found ourselves in a situation where a great deal of what we do can be scripted and commoditized. And so we decided to do that. As we are doing that, however, INDG keeps looking for new challenges. This year we found ourselves releasing several augmented reality apps, a couple of virtual reality installments and making an attempt to produce websites based on machine learning.
This opens new perspectives for us as a group on different levels.
First, we must build new communications for INDG, as the outdated website and the Facebook provide very little insight into what we actually do.
Second, we must come up with smarter projects and support them creatively in ways unavailable previously.
We are looking for an art-director to help with that.
We are looking for more or less the set of skills as follows, although every specified set is naturally incomplete:
1) Love for physical products. We are not going anywhere from working with devices. We do electric toothbrushes and complex MRI systems alike, and so candidates should be prepared to grok how stuff works from day one. If you don’t know what grok is, grok the word grok.
2) Great portfolio and visual skills. Our natural focus is not on service-like design, but rather on clever(er) eye-candy. To see what I mean, check out http://www.usa.philips.com/c-m-pe/electric-toothbrush-innovation (we want candidates to do much better than this).
3) Ability to co-ordinate others. An art-director inside INDG is a leader whose job is to ensure that interactive products turn out well, end-to-end.
4) Work with externals. We sometimes hire externals and so experience working with out-of-the-office specialists is appreciated. Your own contact network is appreciated also.
5) Love for humans. Art-directors inside INDG are often in direct contact with English-speaking customers, defending and explaining their concepts.
Your day-to-day activity will include:
1) Creating concepts and coming up with ways of explaining them to clients, via pitch decks, storyboards, text and whatnot.
2) Overseeing all aspects of creative production from concept to release.
3) Looking for and tending to externals if need be.
4) Doing whatever you come up with to bring everyone around to the next level of design.
Besides the usual lunch, beers and so on, we now (and for a limited time) offer something great, which is opportunity.
Candidates will enter the company at the time of transformation, where all doors are open and all initiatives are welcome. If you feel constrained in your current work environment and feel it’s too static, this could become a perfect place for you to be.
We will judge first by portfolio and reply within a week. If you don’t want to write a cover letter or send a CV, then don’t do it. But if you have anything to say, please do.
How To Apply:
How to apply?
Please send your portfolio via the link provided. The system requires you to upload a CV as well, if you don’t want to, just upload a random file. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at +31 (0) 20 488 9696/ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should your profile look like an ideal match, we would be happy to help you relocate. Relocation support includes but is not limited to: application for the 30% ruling, housing-search, relocation-loan and tax-return support in the first year.