Location: Brooklyn, NY
Scatter is an immersive media studio. We are a team of artists, designers, technologists, and producers who share the belief that emerging technology has the power to shape culture. Our mission is to elevate emerging media projects – across VR, AR, MR and site-specific installations – to foster critical dialogue and evoke emotive experiences. Scatter creates original experiences, as well as offering services such as reality capture with our in-house volumetric filmmaking tool DepthKit, immersive media content production (VR/AR/MR), and interactive installations design.
We collaborate with leading technology companies, institutions, brands, and filmmakers to translate their visions into reality from technically-grounded creative ideation through to implementation and production.
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Start Date: October 15th
We’re looking for an exceptional junior to mid-level Technical Artist to join our team in building innovative VR, AR and interactive installation projects. The ideal candidate will have an intimate understanding of art and animation workflows for interactive world-building in Unity. The Technical Artist will work as an integral part of a small team to provide technically grounded recommendations during creative ideation seen through to execution.
We are looking for someone who combines deep technical knowledge with creative and aesthetic instincts. Candidates with experience in both games and VFX or reality capture are of particular interest.
- Work closely with the Technical Director, Graphics Developer and Creative Director to design interactive experiences in Unity.
- Innovate, design, and manage the asset creation pipeline.
- Collaborate with programmers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful creative feedback during R&D phases.
- Rapidly prototype approaches to never-before-solved problems to quickly ensure viability of a given approach.
- Create complex materials and substances and instruct team on best practices for material creation.
- Optimize scenes through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools.
Required Skills or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in game art, fine art or game design.
- Extensive experience working with Unity, experience in Unreal also desirable.
- Well versed in the various lighting techniques and best practices in game engines.
- Advanced proficiency with Maya or other DCC such as Modo, 3DS, Blender or Houdini.
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Mudbox/Zbrush/3D
- Coat, Substance Painter/Designer.
- An excellent collaborator who is discursive and creatively adventurous.
- Experience with reality capture tools including Photoscan, Capturing Reality, or LiDAR.
- Rigging and/or animation experience.
- Experience in photo-based modeling.
- Shader programming experience.
- Experience with VR/AR design in Unity.
- Solid communication skills and great at teamwork, interested in working with artists from different backgrounds and a passion for solving problems.
- Experience in filmmaking and/or screenwriting or photography.
- Experience using DepthKit or other volumetric filmmaking toolkits (Mimesys, Brekel, 8i, etc.)
How To Apply:
Send your resume and any portfolio links to email@example.com.
We’ll follow up to confirm receipt and schedule a time to talk.