Company: Atelier Brückner – Exhibition Scenography Architecture
Location: Stuttgart, Germany, Baden-Württemberg
Category: Creative Code
Stuttgart based exhibition designer Atelier Brückner is searching for a talented creative coder or interaction designer/ developer. This position would suit a programmer looking to create unique applications for large and small-scale projects. Our Development team puts their skills to work on a huge range of mediums, including physical installations, mobile devices, game engines, and the Web. On a daily basis, you’d be developing real-time interactive software, building cross-platform, multi-device solutions for global clients as well as our own projects. Your thorough understanding of vvvv, C++, C#, Objective C, and MySQL allows you to easily take your know- ledge, and extend it as needs dictate, both on your own and across your team. Because our core mission is taking often complex messages and turning them into simple, understandable narratives, you’ll be a conceptual thinker, able to understand our clients’ objectives and make things that resonate. Finally, you’ll have to be down with a relaxed dress code and playing some ping-pong or table-soccer when you’ve got a spare minute.
• 4 years of development experience in a professional setting
• Ability to think outside the box and have influence on project ideation
• Ability to quickly produce functional prototypes
• Solid knowledge in one ore more of the following object-oriented programming language such as vvvv, C# or Java Open- Frameworks, OpenCV, OpenGL, C++, C#, Cinder, DMX, Java, Python, etc.
• Professional experience with one or more of the following is helpful: Processing and Kinect libraries for Processing, Arduino, Adobe Air, Objective-C, mobile app development, integration with social media APIs
• Strong desire to contribute to internal frameworks and open source projects
• Industry experience with touch, rfid, gesture based technologies
• A passion for researching and learning new technologies that involve augmented reality (i.e. projection mapping, Kinect, Oculus Rift)
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills; sound organizational, negotiating and decision-making skills
• Leading interactive projects from conception to deployment.
• Developing real-time, interactive software.
• Develop technical solutions for a variety of interactive experiences, utilizing varying programming languages and technologies
• Create prototype solutions from concept to mechanical design including electronic assembly and writing software for project pitches
• Act as technical advisor to clients, project management, and back-end development teams regarding front-end development standards and processes emerging media processes and experiences as well as hardware/software recommendations & coordination
• Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and developments Qualifications
Atelier Brückner (ATB) is a leading museum designer based in Stuttgart/ Germany. Founded as a small design studio in a garage in 1997, we quickly turned into one of the leading studio for museum and exhibition designer. With more than 100 international projects realized and a current team of 70 full-time employees – international designers form 15 disciplines- , ATB has large experience and high creative capacity to create and plan cognitively challenging and emotionally groundbreaking exhibitions, museums and architectures. References are e.g. BMW Museum Munich, German Stock Exchange Frankfurt, Maritime Museum Amsterdam, Visitors’ Center of EP Brussels and Shanghai Science and Technology.
Our business area is the Design of museums, exhibitions, architectures, EXPO pavilions, visitor and brand centers and trade fairs. We act as general planer – meaning we provide full-service though all design phases from concept over detailed design to production and post-construction. We cover and deliver content, architecture, interior design, graphic design, media design and lighting design.
- General planning, project management and overall coordination of large international projects from beginning to the end.
- Designing museums and exhibitons with complex content (e.g. nuclear physics, astronomy etc.).
- Highly experiential and inspiring exhibitions, scenographies and architectures (due to latest interactive and multimedia innovations).
- Design Philosophy: Form follows content
- Powerful interdisciplinary team in Stuttgart and large network of professionals worldwide. Our designers come form 15 design and content disciplines.
- Due to our strong conceptual/ content approach: ATB not only offers overall integrated design of content, architecture, interior
design, graphic design, media design and lighting design, but also provides full interpretation services,
meaning content development, production, management and curating.
Please see our homepage for further information.
How to Apply
Please send your application with CV and relevant working samples as pdf via email. Please state your availability and salary expectations.
Contact person: Christin Dotzel
tel +49 711 5000 77 143
Posted on: 20/08/2013
Posted in: Jobs-Archive