Company: Mizzi Studios
Location: London, United Kingdom
Mizzi Studios is offering a position for a Creative Coder/Interactive Lighting Designer at their London based studio located within the wonderful creative hub of Westbourne Studios. The studio works across all scales and sectors with a passion for kinetic and interactive design.
We are looking for someone with enough experience to take the lead in developing interactive and kinetic lighting sculpture concepts and transform them in to reality. Starting from the initial design you are expected to possess enough general skill to create entire prototype solutions from concept to mechanical design, electronic assembly and write software to test and control interactive lighting products and environments.
You will join a fast growing boutique design studio consisting of architects, industrial designers, vehicle designers and programmers
The ideal candidate will possess the following key skills:
• At least 5 years of proven experience
• Experience with Lighting interfaces: DMX, Artnet, etc
• Experience with Arduino, Openframeworks, Cinder, VVVV, Unity3d, etc
• Experience in electronics manufacturing
• Ability to reverse engineer and hack existing tech
• Understanding of 4D (time-based) design
• A core drive to develop and refine code to create an exciting and innovative user experience.
• Having dabbled in sound design would be a big bonus
• Ability to write apps for Win 8, OSX, Android, iOS, etc
Mizzi Studios exists to fuse fantasy with reality. If you’re an experienced creative technologist possessing many of the the above skills and are looking for an opportunity to create truly ground breaking projects, get in touch we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email us at email@example.com with a link to your portfolio of work and your CV. Please put “Interactive Lighting Designer” in the subject line.