Company: iD Experiential
Location: London, UK
iD Experiential is the UK’s leading independent experiential marketing agency, having been at the forefront of the sector for nearly 20 years. We are growing rapidly (101% growth in 2011/12) and are developing an aggressive 3 year plan which includes organic growth and some relevant diversification. Our clients include Britvic, Nestle, ASUS, Revlon, VW, Alpro, Elizabeth Arden and Philip Morris. We are based in Kentish Town and have a team of over 60 full time staff at our HQ.
Currently our core offering covers two areas – the creation and management of large-scale experiential campaigns (through ‘iD Experiential’) and the provision of brand ambassadors (through our industry leading division ‘iD Staffing’)
In 2013 we are establishing a new ‘insight and engagement team’ within iD that will offer an enhanced strategic and planning capability for our clients. The new role of Digital Creative Technologist is driven by a belief that mastering digital technology, content and services is essential to our success as an experiential specialist. This is a new investment in digital expertise that will strengthen our capacity to deliver strategically sound campaigns, getting the very best results from the use of the latest digital technology.
To produce never-seen-before digital experiences, which engage, excite, provoke action and emotion. We want to provide new, relevant ways for people to engage with our client’s brands, and for them to be highly visible and talked about.
We want to see this area of our business grow, so this role represents a huge opportunity for the right candidate to play a pivotal role in shaping a new area of expertise.
Your main role will be to provide consistent thinking around the strategic design, implementation and performance of digital technology within our campaigns.
As a specialist within the planning team you will advise and support all areas of the agency on issues relating to digital strategy and use of technology – drive creativity, effectiveness and accountability in this part of our business.
• Digital strategy within experiential campaigns
• Proposing ideas and technological solutions for client briefs
• Advising on which technology can best deliver against strategic objectives
• Leading digital innovation and effectiveness within the agency
• Assisting in the accurate costing of new technologies and managing the delivery of campaign ready solutions
• Delivery of prototypes for pitches
• Sourcing of specialist 3rd party expertise and briefing them on projects
• Digital development including but not limited to mobile, apps, event technology, traditional online etc
• Competitor reviews, consumer insight, brand, business and data strategy
• Writing creative briefs
• Social media analytics and strategy development
• Helping to lead and drive the Account, Production and Design Teams toward appropriate business objectives
• Knowledge of how to gather the appropriate usage data needed to cultivate crucial ‘move-forward’ insights
• Assist with in-house digital projects
• An appreciation of digital in the context of the broader marketing mix and are prepared to push the envelope of what is possible
• An understanding of how to use technology to extend campaign reach and understand how experiential campaigns can effectively integrate with wider digital experiences
• An outstanding knowledge of new and emerging technologies and their strategic use in marketing communication.
• A broad skill set – with a desire to work across role boundaries – finding the term ‘digital strategist’ and ‘creative technologist’ restrictive in scope.A passion for digital creativity
• Interest in social, cultural, brand, marketing, digital thinking, trends and fashions
• Keen problem solving skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Confidence when presenting to both small and large audiences
• A passion for connecting people with brands in a revolutionary way
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 3+ years working in the field of interactive technology
• Significant marketing agency experience
• API familiarity with the main development online platforms (evidence of integrating with Google, Facebook-Connect, Twitter etc.), and mobile (Android or iPhone SDKs)
• Degree: 2:1 minimum in related subject
• Programming (Advantageous)
• Any evidence of web (PHP, c#) or software (C++, Java) would be an advantage.
What are we offering?
• Fantastic opportunity for a high achiever to make their mark in an exciting and varied field of marketing
• An opportunity to take ownership of the development of our digital offering with the full support of the business
• Competitive salary & bonus package
• Be part of the renowned iD culture and work with an amazing group of fun, talented and energetic people
• Join an agency that is growing fast and has a clear mid-term plan for further growth
If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Liam:
Send in your CV to liamd(at)idinfo(dot)com with covering letter or relevant examples of work
No recruiters thanks.
The best candidates will be invited for interview in the week beginning 25th February
CLOSING DATE: 20th February 2013