Company: The Franklin Institute
Location: Philadelphia, USA
Category: Interaction Designer
The Digital Media Designer will develop, program and design prototypes of interactive media experiences for exhibits and special projects. He/she will work closely with the design and science resource teams to brainstorm, storyboard, design, and implement interactive experiences for testing and evaluation. The digital media designer will use all mediums of interactive digital media, including software, hardware, and web-based platforms, and is expected to understand and adopt new technologies as they become available. He/she will work closely with technical and exhibit designers to integrate technology into physical spaces. The digital media designer will serve as a member of the core team for the development and design of capital campaign exhibit projects and creative services projects as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
• Participate in brainstorming sessions, developing storyboards and sketches to clearly communicate ideas.
• Design and build prototypes of interactive experiences.
• Collaborate with content developers to communicate science content.
• Collaborate with graphic designers to integrate graphic interface within digital media experiences.
• Maintain an organized and professional workshop, keeping inventory of all computers and hardware
• Research technologies and equipment necessary to implement final designs within exhibits.
• Provide prototype documentation (including source code, screen shots, digital assets, photos and video) for both internal use and delivery to external media producers.
• Work with outside media producers to ensure final production meets design standards
• Present digital media technologies and the exhibit design process to potential donors and trustees as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years experience developing media. Expert in Mac computers and Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign). Professional experience in interactive software development with a focus on incorporating audio, video, and digital electronics.
Submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com or mail to The Franklin Institute Human Resources Department – 222 N. 20th Street – Philadelphia, PA 19103. EOE.