Company: Scott Snibbe Studio
Location: San Francisco, USA
Type: Interaction Designer
Job Type: Full-Time
Scott Snibbe Studio is a pioneer in bringing the emotional impact of movies and music to apps. We believe interactivity is capable of no less than bringing our dreams to life. We create original apps, and also partner with some of the most creative artists in the world including Björk and James Cameron.
We are seeking an inventive and visually brilliant interaction designer to join our San Francisco team.
You’re flexible, playful and as confident as you are skeptical. You know how to look at a nasty problem and efficiently unpack it into manageable parts. You’re someone who always notices the tiny details and feels physically uncomfortable when you see thoughtless design. You know mobile music and entertainment apps and have a strong sense of how to make them better. You’re fluent in current mobile UI and UX best practices and know when to throw them out the window to make something groundbreaking. We work as a tight cross-disciplinary team, so you should comfortable working closely with engineers, business development staff, producers, designers, filmmakers, musicians, and writers.
• Take music and entertainment app concepts from pencil sketch, to concept art, proposals, and pixel-perfect design specifications.
• Work closely with our product managers, designers and engineers to define the best way to approach a problem.
• When working with clients, know how to ask the right questions to understand their needs, and transforming them into stylistic treatments, and interaction concepts.
• Create gorgeous visual interaction designs and concept art in a wide variety of styles informed by the history of music, art, and movies.
• Over time, establish and reinforce consistent interaction design patterns across platforms.
• Passion and ideas about where interactive music and film can go as a medium.
• A portfolio that includes self-started personal projects for which you had total creative control.
• Ability to empathize with a variety of end-users, and carry your insight to their simplest, clearest design expression.
• 3+ years designing experiences across multiple platforms with focus on iOS and Android.
• Solid functional understanding of the technologies behind our work: iOS and Android, interactive animation, interactive music, computer graphics, simulation.
• Strong visual design, illustration, and concept art abilities.
This job is based in our San Francisco headquarters. We offer a competitive compensation package including health and dental insurance, stock options, and 401(k) plan participation. Please send a resume, portfolio, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT SCOTT SNIBBE STUDIO
Scott Snibbe Studio is pioneering apps as a new interactive medium with the emotional impact of cinema, yet one where we play an active part in changing, creating, and exploring worlds beneath our fingertips. We produce original, category-defying music, art, and entertainment apps, and partner creatively with musicians, filmmakers, and writers. We believe interactivity is capable of no less than bringing our dreams to life. Our studio’s work includes the bestselling apps Gravilux, Bubble Harp, OscilloScoop, and Björk’s Biophilia.