Location: Seattle / San Francisco, USA
Category: Creative Code
Stimulant is regularly asked to create never-before-seen experiences on never-before-seen hardware, and we’re seeking a talented and open-minded developer to join us on this journey. We’re looking for someone with a desire to continually push the envelope and inspire our team by bringing a spirit of exploration and a fresh bag of tricks to the table, while still delivering bulletproof, thoughtfully-architected code. You’ll join an equally talented team that will challenge you in new and exciting ways, in an environment that’s filled with healthy communication, transparency, and support.
The following is a list of technologies and solutions that we’ve explored or are on our short list for upcoming projects and experiments. We hope you’ve dabbled in some of these, and have the interest and passion to dive into the pieces that are new for you:
• Large-format, multi-screen, high-frame-rate user interfaces
• 3D sensing and computer vision
• Emergent UI paradigms such as touch, gestural, voice, and beyond
• UI platforms such as: WinRT/WPF/XAML / iOS / Android / HTML5
• 2D/3D interface development in creative graphics frameworks such as: vvvv / Cinder / OpenFrameworks / Processing / OpenGL / DirectX
• Projection mapping
• Procedural graphics
• Distributed real-time rendering
• Particle systems
• Physics simulations
• Pixel shaders
• Arduino/hardware hacking
• Any number of things we’re not even aware of yet…
Growth and learning are a core part of our ethos, and to that end we encourage and fund ongoing training and personal development, public speaking opportunities within peer groups and at conferences, frequent outside collaboration and knowledge-sharing, open-sourcing of code, and more. On each project, you’ll work side-by-side with an inspiring and technical-minded creative team and well-organized project managers, and your opinion is valued at every step of the project. Our promise is to bring engaging problems and great clients to the table, and you’ll be a strong voice in which projects we take on and how we approach each solution – one of the key benefits of our small size. But don’t let our size fool you – our client list is rich with Fortune 500 companies, including Samsung, Microsoft, Intel, Google, SAP, Kodak and more.
While we’re always excited to fit a new personality into our equation, we’re looking for someone who has the following attributes as a baseline:
• A core desire to use code to create transformative moments
• An exacting attention to detail
• The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects (prior agency and/or freelance experience a plus)
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Tons of personal initiative and a desire for deep collaboration
• Familiarity with various project/team collaboration tools
• A portfolio of past projects and samples of code that you’re especially proud of
• Professional references that you’d be comfortable having us chat with
Given the dependencies on physical hardware, this position will require a regular physical presence in either our SF or Seattle office. We are open to discussing relocation benefits for the right candidate, but at this time we are currently not entertaining candidates without valid U.S. citizenship.
Please forward resume and relevant background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.