Location: London, UK
Five.K is a design studio that specialises in creating bespoke user interfaces for digital devices. We design engaging user experiences for some of the UK’s biggest companies across multiple platforms.
We are a small team, and are looking to take on a Mid-Senior Designer that can grow with us. Ideally you would have 3 or more years experience specialising in interface design for mobile and other digital platforms. This is a real opportunity to come into a growing business and be involved in all aspects of a project, from conception to delivery.
You should be passionate about design, technology, user experience and all things digital – and be able to deliver high quality, pixel perfect, well thought out user interfaces.
You need to be:
- A self-motivated, optimistic team player with high levels of energy and a passion for all things digital and interactive.
- Precise and tidy in the way you work and show high levels of attention to detail.
- Open, honest, direct and comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- A fast worker and good timekeeper used to inputting your hours into time management software daily.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident and articulate presenter both internally and to clients.
- Able to perform well under pressure and prepared to put in the hours when a project requires it.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working with the Directors to design and deliver designs for large scale mobile applications and digital products.
- Production of pixel perfect UI elements for deployment to development teams.
- Developing your User Experience / Interaction Design skills through our own IP and client projects.
- Helping the team to ensure that all work is delivered on time and to the highest level possible.
- Creating concepts, wireframes, and mockups.
- Creating detailed designs and specs for digital products.
- Preparing and producing final pixel perfect graphics for delivery.
- Producing key documentation and design artifacts across multiple projects.
- Keeping up to date on emerging technologies, designs and usability research.
- Researching new trends and developments relevant to other ongoing projects.
- Relevant Digital Design Related Degree.
- Minimum 3 years interactive design experience.
- An excellent and varied portfolio.
- Meticulous attention to detail and consistency – to a pixel perfect level.
- Experience with conventional interactive design process and methodologies.
- Expert understanding of key concepts of interactive design and user-interface design.
- Typography skills with an attention to detail.
- Experience with mobile applications on iOS & android devices.
- Experience of concepting, designing and deploying digital GUI across multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with 3D motion graphics, flash, HTML5.
What you get in return:
- The opportunity to become a key player in a growing team.
- The chance to work with some exciting, well known brands on cutting edge products, concepts and experiences.
- A nice shiny new 27 inch iMac to work on.
- 20 days holiday a year, plus extra time at christmas.
- The opportunity (and budget) to attend industry events and conferences.
- Spending part of your time working on own IP projects.
- A creative, friendly, non-corporate environment based in the heart of Shoreditch.
- Competitive salary based on experience
Please email a current CV and portfolio of work to hello AT wearefivek.co.uk – No portfolio, no reply
NO RECRUITERS !