Company: School of Visual Arts
Location: New York, USA
Category: Web Designer
DATE AVAILABLE: October 2012
JOB TITLE: Multimedia Developer
DEPARTMENT: BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department
REPORTS TO: Department Chair, Curriculum Coordinator, Systems Coordinator
SALARY: $50,000 – $55,000
HOURS: Full-time (evenings and weekends as needed).
POSITION OVERVIEW: Design and develop web and iOS applications to support the Advertising and Graphic Design Department’s online initiatives, coordinate support for Department website and portfolio app, student upload protocols, and digital asset management systems
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and manage new and existing web and iOS applications
• Support existing content, including the blog and student work gallery, on the Department\’s website
• Manage digital asset workflows for student uploads and other submissions
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or related
• Minimum of 3 years experience in related job
• Linux-based development and administration knowledge
• Working knowledge of iOS development and previous experience with mobile application development
• Appreciate and love good design
The School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the College has instituted numerous educational innovations, including the selection of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields as instructors. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose.
Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit http://www.sva.edu/workingatsva
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.