Location: San Francisco, USA
JUXT is an award-winning agency based in San Francisco. We craft sophisticated solutions with modern tools. We are an agency of tinkerers, believers, dreamers, and creators. We imagine things that work.
Our current client roster includes NFL Networks, Cisco, Toyota, Scion, Volkswagen, and Honda.
With a newly established leadership team and a renewed commitment to servicing the Bay Area and beyond, we are looking for exceptional talent to join us immediately in a variety of key roles.
We are looking for a Software Developer in San Francisco to create innovative, best-of-breed websites, mobile applications, and other interactive applications for a wide range of devices. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of interactive agency experience.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Software Developer will work with internal and external teams to evaluate software technologies, determine the deployment strategies for websites and integration for mobile devices, develop all necessary front-end and back-end code to support website and mobile launches, and develop highly interactive applications on various multi-touch and gesture-based devices using a variety of creative development frameworks. The Software Developer will be working with a local and remote team of artistic and technology practitioners in a creatively charged, fast paced environment.
• Work with Creative, Engineering, and Project Management leads to plan and architect website, mobile, and server infrastructure development solutions
• Develop mobile applications for iOS and Android devices using native tools and HTML5 in addition to other cross-platform frameworks
• Develop interactive applications using creative development frameworks such as openFrameworks, Cinder, and Processing, interfacing with TUIO, Kinect, Arduino, and other input devices
• Implement scalable and often data-intensive back-end services using open-source solutions running on LAMP and OSX architectures
• Develop back-end web service applications in PHP, Java, Node.js, and other platforms
• Implement data processing using SQL databases such as MySQL, Postgres, and NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB, CouchBase, and Redis
• Experience with web caching and website performance
• Learn and embrace new web technologies including latest HTML5/CSS3 specifications, techniques, and tools for websites, mobile devices, and other devices such as tablets and large multi-touch screens
• Work closely with Engineering leads in designing and implementing appropriate software frameworks and platforms
• Work closely with the Creative team to design and implement all project assets, animations and interactions, ensuring proper operation and display across multiple browsers and devices
• Manage core aspects of software development for internal and client projects from concept to completion – from scoping, planning, and development, all the way through to testing and launch
• Work with Front-End Developers, Back-End Developers, and Software Architects to design and implement all appropriate web service calls required for the front-end, including data updates and CMS content access
• Perform research with new technologies and tools as required, including implementing prototypes and providing comparative analysis
• 3+ years of web development experience including front- and back-end web and mobile platforms
• Expert knowledge and experience with iOS SDK, Cocoa, and Objective C with production applications launched for iPhone and iPad, Apple Developer Center, and the Apple App Store
• Working experience with native Android SDK development
• Other mobile application development experience is a plus (Windows Mobile, Blackberry, etc.) including Phonegap, Sencha, Appcelerator is a plus
• Proficiency with Flash and ActionScript 3 is a must
• Proficiency using a creative coding framework such as openFrameworks, Cinder, or Processing
• Experience programming gesture-based interfaces such as Microsoft Kinect and OpenCV is highly desirable
• Strong Objective-C, C++, and Java skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft programming environments using .NET, C#, and WPF is desirable
• Proven delivery of responsive web design and semantic HTML is a must
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other relevant design and production tools is a must
• Proficiency in developing back-end web services and APIs using PHP, Ruby on Rails, PERL, or Java is a must
• Strong background with MVC object-oriented programming
• Experience with memcache or Redis highly desirable
• Experience with load balanced websites and web caching a big plus
• Experience working with relational databases like MySQL, Postgres, or Oracle is a plus
• Experience working with NoSQL architectures is highly desirable
• Experience developing against and extending various CMS systems such as WordPress, Drupal, PyroCMS, Joomla, or similar is highly desirable
• Experience using programming frameworks such as CodeIgniter (in PHP) and Spring/Hibernate (Java) is highly desirable
• Strong verbal and presentation skills, and the ability to work effectively in a service oriented function supporting a wide spectrum of clients
• Strong organizational and planning skills; Experience with agile development methodologies is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or those candidates eligible for a TN visa will be considered. JUXT Interactive is an equal opportunity employer. Position is located in San Francisco, California.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format.