Company: Pirata London
Location: London, UK
We’re looking for a Technical Lead with a wealth of web or app development experience. You will be expected to show incredible attention to detail and be able to understand and solve problems in the context of the bigger picture.
You will be expected to show leadership qualities and be able to oversee small teams of developers across a range of projects. You’ll also be required to communicate often complicated concepts to clients without blinding them with acronyms and jargon.
You’ll ideally have several years experience in back-end development preferably with Python / Django or one or more PHP frameworks or content management systems. You will get involved with hands-on development at times, though this will likely comprise less than a third of each working week.
Experience in open source / Linux-based web hosting architecture is highly favourable. You’ll be required to specify, design and configure cloud-based hosting platforms for a range of applications, APIs and websites. An understanding of scalability, optimisation and caching tools and techniques is also advantageous.
Importantly you must be comfortable working in our informal studio atmosphere here in SE1, enjoying working within a close knit team of people and love rolling up your sleeves up when it comes to getting stuck into projects with us.
- Technically leading projects, overseeing small teams of developers.
- Working closely with the Technical Partner to improve internal technical systems and processes for development, testing and deployment.
- Being a client\’s consistent point of contact for technical discussions throughout a project lifecycle.
- Setting up cloud hosting architecture.
- Project scoping and costing.
- Prototyping and internal R&D projects
- 25 days holiday
- Private health care
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Tate membership for you plus one
- Bike scheme
- All the usual trappings such as breakfasts, socials and all of the things which make work not really work. Oh and we\’re partial to the odd tot of rum as well.
- An eye patch
How to apply
- Write us an application note (referencing creativeapplications.net) explaining why you think you’re a great fit for the role.
- Send us your LinkedIn profile if you have a reasonably complete one, or send us some references
- Show us an interesting piece of code you’ve written and briefly talk us through what’s interesting about it.
- Briefly talk us through some projects you’ve been involved with
- Send us a CV (PDF preferably) to firstname.lastname@example.org