Location: Providence, RI USA
RISD is looking for a front-end developer with a sophisticated eye for design and a passion for creating storytelling experiences with HTML, CSS, and JS.
In this key position in RISD Media (the college’s marketing and public relations team), you will be responsible for realizing and advancing RISD web designs, predominantly for our main institutional website (www.risd.edu). You’ll also be helping RISD develop a point of view about deploying web technologies that reflect our global leadership in art and design education and, because we’re a lean group, you’ll be a trusted partner in the daily operation and growth of RISD’s publishing platforms.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and creative thinking abilities who can communicate and collaborate with people at varying levels of technical proficiency.
To explore recent work by the team, visit: https://risd.github.io/front-end-developer/
• Ability to write clean, semantic code is a must, as is experience working with Github to manage and share code and track issues.
• Experience developing responsive websites and/or web applications or interfaces. Excellent design sensibilities required.
• Experience implementing or developing for contemporary content management systems.
• Experience or interest to learn node.js.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with strong analytical and creative thinking abilities. Able to communicate and collaborate with people at varying levels of technical proficiency.
• Keen attention to detail with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines effectively.