Location: Brooklyn, New York
Lead by James George and Alexander Porter, DepthKit is a product focused company shaping the future of virtual reality content creation through cutting-edge technology and frictionless design tools. Our first product, DepthKit, is the world’s most widely used volumetric capture technology. DepthKit enables anyone to easily create lifelike virtual reality experiences fusing the worlds of filmmaking and video game design.
Your Role as Front End Engineer
The Front End Engineer has deep experience crafting intuitive and simple graphical user interfaces to expose complex algorithms. This role has the unique opportunity to create industry standard tools for the next generation of content creators. We’re looking for a developer with experience creating professional design software for desktops using modern programming environments. Candidates should be dynamic, collaborative, and communicative with demonstrated passion for emerging VR/AR/MR platforms.
– Implement user interfaces for DepthKit and related software products.
– Maintain and test interfaces across multiple platforms.
– Participate in studies and focus groups with DepthKit’s users.
– Work with graphics engineers to expose complex algorithms through simple controls.
– Extend DepthKit’s products through building a plugin ecosystem in game engines and visual effects environments.
– 3+ years experience building cross platform user-facing applications.
– Professional proficiency in C++ development in Xcode and Visual Studio (or other IDE)
– Attention to detail, aesthetics and visual thinking.
– Experience implementing user interaction wireframes in software.
– Strong communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
– Desire to work in an early stage startup environment.
– Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusiveness within the company culture.
– Cross platform mobile interface implementation.
– Shipped products using modern interface frameworks such as Interface Builder or Qt.
– Experience building interface extensions for game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
– Experience in graphics shading languages such as GLSL or HLSL.
– Graphic design or user experience design background.
– Previous experience creating virtual reality content.
– Background in art, commercial design, animation or video games.
– Passion for experience in media, film or visual effects industries.
– Work directly with the founders- a team of virtual reality pioneers.
– Competitive pay.
– Comprehensive benefits program.
– Employee stock options.
How To Apply:
Send resume or portfolio along with a statement of intent to James George firstname.lastname@example.org