Location: Brooklyn, New York
Lead by James George and Alexander Porter, DepthKit is a product focused company shaping the future of virtual reality content creation through cutting-edge technology and frictionless design tools. Our first product, DepthKit, is the world’s most widely used volumetric capture technology for creating live-action 3D characters. DepthKit enables anyone to easily create lifelike virtual reality experiences fusing the worlds of filmmaking and video game design.
Your Role as Graphics Engineer
The Graphics Engineer has deep experience advancing the state of the art in real-time graphics and computational geometry. This role is given the rare opportunity to work directly with the founders of DepthKit to shape the future of virtual reality through designing the core algorithms for the next generation of content creation tools. We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative, communicative candidate with demonstrated knowledge, leadership, and passion for emerging VR/AR/MR platforms.
– Design and implement new algorithms for volumetric video.
– Optimize the code you write across platforms, mobile to desktop.
– Stay up to date with the latest graphics research looking for opportunities incorporate new techniques into products.
– Apply advances in GPU processing to our rendering pipelines.
– Collaborate with a diverse team of engineers and designers to make complex techniques simple for content creators.
– Grow and manage a team of developers to work under you.
– 3+ years experience working in real-time graphics and computational geometry.
– Demonstrated ability to advance the state of the art in computer graphics.
– Experience with Unity or Unreal game engines and real time rendering pipelines.
– Expert knowledge of C++ and GPGPU compute languages (OpenCL, DirectCompute or CUDA) across platforms.
– Drive to create well-factored code through elegant APIs and OOP fundamentals.
– Strong communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
– Adaptable and spontaneous- desire to work in an early stage startup environment.
– Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusiveness within the company culture.
– Familiarity with video formats, codecs, streaming and image compression.
– Understanding of computer vision and image processing algorithms.
– Background in art, commercial design, animation or video games.
– Experience in media, film or visual effects industries.
– Work directly with the founders; pioneers in virtual reality.
– Competitive pay.
– Comprehensive benefits program.
– Employee stock options.
How To Apply:
Send resume or portfolio along with a statement of intent to James George email@example.com