Company: Image Mechanics
Location: Sydney, Australia
Category: Creative Coder
We are inventing video tools to maximise the world’s most popular camera to empower artistic expression and a renaissance for the arts and culture.
We’re building the best filmmaking tool for the iPhone. Simple and distraction free so creators can focus on image making. To celebrate artists we are shaping a platform premiering films exploring the nexus of fashion, art, culture, and music.
If you are a talented iOS engineer with both technical and aesthetic excellence, we would love to hear from you.
We are an independent startup based in Sydney, Australia. Behind closed doors we are working in close collaboration with global artists, photographers, stylists and filmmakers to perfect a tool to foster creativity for today’s world.
Films created so far are nothing short of amazing. Whether a frantic POV music video or a glimpse into a Parisian wax sculptors atelier—it’s exciting to see beautiful, uncensored insights into humanity and contemporary culture.
Our team culture reflects our design, artisan and technology values;
— Less, but better.
— Be bold and brave.
— Open heart, open mind.
— Being an outsider is a strength.
— Push beyond function, to emotion and aesthetics.
— Be resourceful.
What you’ll do:
Our app is fearless, with a unique approach to producing films that relies on custom gesture-driven interactions and animations. In our pursuit for simplicity, we often re-imagine tools. You will prototype and engineer powerful image-processing and post-production tools, that feel amazing in the hands of the customer.
• Design, build and iterate on camera, video processing and editing tools
• Create custom interfaces with engaging animations
• Integrate new functions, optimise and support the existing codebase
• Prototype new features from concept, design, to development and launch
Who we’re looking for:
You have experience in video capture and image processing. Are meticulous in your craft with a healthy obsession for aesthetics. Possess the knack of unpacking abstract problems with an eagerness to come up with and build novel solutions.
• Swift, Objective-C (codebase Swift)
• UIKit, CoreVideo, AVFoundation, OpenGL(ES), CoreImage, Metal
• Video streaming, compression, encoding and decoding
• Current development experience working on iOS apps
• iOS SDK performance tools and optimisation techniques
• Debug skills using Instruments to pinpoint and fix issues
• Rapid prototyping skills with the intuition to make the right tradeoffs
• Testing methods and quality assurance
• Built, launched and supported iOS apps
• Fluent written and spoken English
Nice to have:
• Familiar with camera principles
• Design sensibilities, UI/UX
• An active user of video/audio editing applications
• Enjoy working within a startup environment
• Personal connection to filmmaking or art
• Digital Ocean
What we offer:
• Remote and flexible work options
• Passionate and supportive team
• The opportunity to shape a meaningful product
How To Apply:
To apply email: email@example.com with ‘iOS Video Engineer (CAN)’ as the subject.
Introduce yourself, share projects that show your capabilities and describe your role. Please include your CV/LinkedIn and links to your iOS apps, Stack Overflow, GitHub repo’s, website/blog.