Location: London, UK
Category: Creative Coder
Variable is a London based studio blending design, software and aesthetics emerging from data, processes and human behaviour.
We are currently looking for a full-time mid/senior creative coder to join our team.
This position is available immediately with salary based on your experience.
– you have background in creative coding, computer science, gamedev, computational design or similar
– you have understanding of 3D graphics programming (WebGL / OpenGL / Unity / etc) and shader programming (GLSL)
– you have a strong problem solving skills and approach problems critically
– you have an interest in building systems expressing deep understanding of project context
– you want to learn, research, and develop algorithms
– you have the ability to work on your own as well as part of a bigger team of programmers and designers
Nice to have
– you have an interest in data visualization as a dynamic and interactive medium helping us uderstand the world
– you have server side programming experience with node.js
– you are a person with a good sense of aesthetics and design principles
– you believe the tools we use shape our way of thinking and you never stop to explore new ones or develop your own
What can you expect
– you will be joining a small studio and have interest in shaping its future
– you will work across mediums of web, print and immersive installations for commercial clients, NGOs and galleries
– you will design and develop internal R&D tools and push the field of creative coding beyond what’s possible today
– you will be located at Makerversity / Somerset House in central London and get access to the maker workshop space and rich programme of talks, exhibitions and environment full of startups and creative businesses
Our tech stack
– PEX/WebGL/JS, d3.js, node.js
How To Apply:
Please apply by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio, example code repos and few sentences about why you are interested.