Location: Toronto, Canada
Category: Programming Coordinator
InterAccess seeks a motivated arts professional to step into the role of Programming Coordinator. This is a renewable 1-year contract. The Programming Coordinator reports to the General Manager, and is responsible for coordinating year-round exhibition programming, art events, and special projects. This is a full-time position.
InterAccess is a Toronto-based art gallery, educational facility and production studio dedicated to the creative use of technology, electronic art and new media culture. Our programs support art forms that integrate new technologies from conception and development to exhibition and discussion. We explore the impact of technology on the social, political and cultural aspects of contemporary life, and encourage audiences to see anew their relationships with interactive artworks.
Public Programs (50%)
– Develop and communicate a dynamic vision for the annual exhibitions program to support and enhance InterAccess’ strategic priorities and goals
– Implement all aspects of the art program, including but not limited to:
– Produce a schedule of exhibitions from local, national and international artists
– Conduct artist studio visits
– Facilitate annual and special calls for submissions
– Coordinate public events and receptions; talks, tours and screenings
– Coordinate installation and shipment of artworks
– Ensure adherence to technical rider specifications and health and safety regulations
– Produce written materials for web and print related to art programs
– Support sponsorship efforts for exhibitions and related programming, in-kind donations, and special programs
– Contract artists, curators, writers, designers and technicians (with approval of GM)
– Maintain communication with artists and programming partners
Publicity and Design (25%)
– Develop and implement a web and social media strategy to promote exhibitions and related programming
– Coordinate production of exhibition signage, didactic materials, and publications (web and print)
– Coordinate seasonal calendar of activities for publication; generate copy and images, work with designer
– Produce promotional materials
– Support and maintain visual branding of organization
– Produce press releases and maintain up-to-date media list for exhibition promotion
Financial and Administration (20%)
– Track exhibition and event attendance
– Maintain up-to-date statistical records
– Keep files on past programming and publicity
– Assist with the programming portion of funding applications
– Track and monitor budget components related to program expenditures
– Maintain gallery and office in good state of cleanliness and repair
– Track gallery equipment and supply inventory
– Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work
This position is a based on a 35-hour workweek, Tuesday – Saturday. Frequent evenings and weekends will be required, with overtime at certain times of the year.
This position is salaried. The salary range is $30,000-35,000 commensurate with experience, and the position receives a basic health and dental package. The Programming Coordinator may be requested to take on additional hours to support special projects and compensation for this work is to be negotiated separately from this contract.
How To Apply:
Please send your résumé and cover letter (as a single PDF) by Monday October 31st, 2016 at 5pm to:
9 Ossington Ave
Toronto ON M6J 2Y8
If you are submitting an application electronically, please send both your résumé and cover letter as a combined .pdf.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory Police Information check. We regret that at this time InterAccess does not currently have barrier-free access.