Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Category: Interaction Designer
Tellart is seeking a dynamic, multidisciplinary and seasoned Senior Designer to join our team in Amsterdam. In this full-time role, you will work as part of our global design team to lead design efforts on projects. You will contribute directly to all aspects of our award-winning portfolio of client work, from concept development to final delivery.
In this role, you will work closely with a talented and energetic team of designers, technologists, and producers to actively guide design efforts on Tellart’s projects, with the direct support of Tellart’s Creative Director, Design Director, and Chief Design Officer.
We are looking for a highly collaborative individual with strong skills in spatial and three-dimensional form-giving, confidence in directing the work of others and presenting work to clients, clear visual communication skills, excellent critical and analytical thinking, and a demonstrable passion for design and culture.
– Lead the concept development of new projects from a design perspective
– Guide the work of others to achieve the highest standards of delivered work within the constraints of a project
– Sketch/visualize ideas and specify designs for wireframes, physical objects, spatial interactions, environments
– Direct aesthetic choices, including form, colour and material selections with visual references, precedents, or other means
– Handle multiple deadlines and projects, self-directed, authoritative.
Key Qualifications & Skills:
– Strong form-generation skillset in industrial design, interior architecture, or architecture
– Solid foundation in design principles and design history and an awareness of contemporary design trends and discourse
– 5+ years of professional experience as a user-centric 3D designer (or equivalent post-graduate educational experience)
– Proficient in common visual communication, 3D modeling, and design specification tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, Solidworks, AutoCAD
– Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants and vendors
– Driven, organized and detail-oriented, while also adaptable and collaborative
– Experience designing spatial interactions (VR/AR/MR, projection mapping)
– Hands-on technical knowledge (creative coding, physical computing, prototype fabrication)
– Advanced degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Industrial Design, or Interaction Design
– Familiarity with Speculative and Critical Design practices
Tellart is steered by the passion and vision of the people who work in our five studios, spanning three continents. Each member of that global team brings their own constellation of skills and aspirations to the thing we all share: a deep-seated need to practice design.
We are proud to be a tight-knit group from numerous countries, speaking over a dozen different languages and bringing a wide gamut of viewpoints and backgrounds. Our clients and collaborators are just as diverse–and we all come together in an environment of invention to work hard on very challenging projects.
Competitive salary and benefits are just one way in which we try to support this hugely motivated group. Simple, direct access for all team members to company leadership, a structured program for professional development and the ability to influence company policies are some other ways in which Tellart is built for and by its team.
Over the seventeen years since its founding, Tellart has been on the forefront of information and interaction design, creating interactive products and spaces that push technological boundaries to create groundbreaking experiences. Founded and headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, Tellart’s select staff now works across additional offices in Amsterdam, New York, and San Francisco. Team members regularly teach at many of the world’s leading universities and design schools, including Rhode Island School of Design, Umeå Institute of Design and Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design. Tellart has been the recipient of numerous top international prizes for recent projects including the SXSW Experimental, Cannes Lions, IxDA, Eurobest Grand Prix, Webby, Core77, D&AD Yellow Pencil. The firm’s work is featured in the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum.
How To Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org including the following in the subject line: [Senior Designer]
Be sure to include a URL to your online portfolio, an up-to-date CV and a little intro to yourself. Looking forward to hearing from you!