Location: Brooklyn, New York
Scatter is a next-generation creative software company defining the medium of volumetric filmmaking for augmented and virtual reality storytelling. Our first product Depthkit is the most widely used toolkit for volumetric video capture. Depthkit enables any video creator to easily capture live-action performances in true volumetric 3D, fusing the craft of filmmaking with the interactivity of video game design.
Based in the heart of Brooklyn’s Bushwick artistic district, Scatter is a fast-paced venture backed company founded by pioneers in the immersive media industry. You’ll be joining one of the world’s leading teams in forging the future of storytelling.
About the Software Engineer
We are seeking a C++ software engineer to join the team building Depthkit. This role has the unique opportunity to define the industry standard for the next generation of visual creators. Applicants passionate about creative tools, computational geometry, graphics, video and signal processing will be in their element here at Scatter. Candidates should be dynamic, collaborative, and communicative with demonstrated skill, flexibility and excitement for high performance application development.
– Implement Depthkit and related software ecosystem products.
– Solve difficult application problems with well structured software implementations
– Write clean, readable, testable code following an Agile development process.
– Debug challenging crashes and performance issues with real-time graphics, video and multi-threaded systems.
– Design and implement clean and clear APIs for feature abstractions.
– Implement unit tests to ensure functional correctness and detect future regressions.
– Review and test your team’s code.
– 3+ years experience building cross platform user-facing applications.
– Expert knowledge of C++ and standard template libraries.
– Experience with OpenGL, GLSL or equivalent graphics languages.
– Experience with complex multithreaded application architectures.
– Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
– Demonstrated attention to detail, aesthetics and visual thinking.
– Familiarity with test driven development.
– Strong communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
– Desire to work in a fast paced startup environment.
– Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusiveness within the company culture.
– Familiarity with the Qt Application Development Framework
– Familiarity with video APIs AVFoundation and Windows Media Foundation
– Experience with Computer Vision and computational photography
– Experience with Unity game engine
– Working knowledge of programmatically interfacing with depth sensing hardware.
– Previous experience in creative tools development.
– Background in art, commercial design, animation or video games.
– Experience in media, visual effects or VR/AR industries.
– Competitive pay.
– Comprehensive benefits program.
– Employee stock options.
How To Apply:
Please submit applications via the Scatter job posting, at https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/scatternyc/view/P_AAAAAAEAAJZGUgutfySptc.