Sprint is a new initiative to foster relationships between digital creatives and Rambert’s dance practitioners. Sprint aims to facilitate experimentation and exchange of knowledge, and open up approaches using technology.
They are looking for artists and creatives working with technology as a medium to experiment and develop their practice, and who wish to work in close collaboration with Rambert’s dancers, choreographers and staff. This includes (but is not restricted to): digital artists, creative technologists, interaction designers.
Over a residency period of four or eight months, resident digital creatives will be expected to:
- Create digital prototypes and/or experimental artworks
- Use emerging and current digital technologies
- Combine the physical and the digital
- Be open about process
- Share skills and best practice
- Explore user testing and iteration of prototypes based on feedback
- Work closely with Rambert’s dancers, staff and the residency producers
- Showcase work internally and externally.
Residents will be paid a fee and materials allowance totaling £7,500 (4 month residency) or £15,000 (8 month residency).
Full details are in the Call for Submissions, found here: http://www.rambert.org.uk/about-us/jobs-auditions/sprint/
You should read this in full before applying by completing this online application form.
Closing date for applications:
8pm Thursday 10 September 2015.
Interviews will be held on Monday 14 / Tuesday 15 September 2015.
If you have any questions or would like to chat informally before submitting your application, email email@example.com.
Sprint is a project designed by Rambert and Caper and produced in collaboration with Alpha-ville.