decoded is a conference about the common ground of design and code. It combines creative and technological aspects of digital life and brings them to an event. From the fields of generative design, information visualization, gaming, interactive installations, physical computing and give deep insights into the works and background. Read on for how to win a free ticket to the event!
Speakers at decoded include Massimo Banzi (Arduino), Benedikt Groß & Hartmut Bohnacker, Mario Klingemann, Tilman Reiff & Volker Morawe aka //////////fur//// and Moritz Stefaner.
Interestingly, the identity for the conference was designed by envis-precisely who are also event partners/organisers together with reppa.net. The logo, the decorative elements and many other parts of the design were made using Processing. It takes letters and words as input and translates them into polygonal shapes. Play with it here: decoded-conference.com/generator/
The visual coding concept consists of few specified rules for each single letter. The basic geometrie is based on a triangle, each corner stands for a letter within the prompted word. All characters are located on a specific angle of a circle depending on the last position. Triangles are always built on two existing corners together with the currently created vertex. Furthermore this means that new triangles always have a same side with the previous triangle. For shaping the generative appearance the triplets of letters are therefore more important than single letters.
When: 23rd October 2010
Great news, thanks to the guys at decoded, is that we have one € 99,00 ticket to giveaway. All you have to do is Tweet this and you will be entered in the random draw next friday. Read below for Rules and Information.
One lucky winner will be chosen Friday (1st Oct).
Winner is @Thibaut
Winner is Tyler Townley aka @twicedesign
Make sure you are following @creativeapps as we will send you DM if you are a winner.
Rules and information
1. The event is being held in München/Germany: www.freiheiz.com on the 23rd October 2010. You will need to arrange your own travel and accommodation (not included) – but the team has a hotelpartner www.decoded-conference.com/ort.php where visitors can get cheaper prices. If you win the ticket and you can’t make it to the event, we would appreciate you let us know so we can give the ticket to someone else.
2. Competition is open to everyone and anyone but you must be over 18 years of age. There will be a total of ONE winner for this competition.
3. Winner will be selected by random.
4. Winner will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name and postal address. If they wish to pass on a ticket to another person, we will need their name and postal address. If the winner does not respond by the following Friday (8th Oct) we will pick another winner.
5. Only one entry per person.
Posted on: 24/09/2010