Created by Marcos Alonso, Samplr lets you make music and play with sound in a new and intuitive way by touching the waveform on the screen directly with your fingers. It allows you to explore the sounds melody and texture using the different play modes and create your music compositions with the gesture recorder.
With an interface designed for live performance, Samplr gives the musician quick and precise access to all the instrument functionality at any time. Unlike other apps that try to recreate real life instruments or interaction concepts from traditional computers Samplr was designed from the very beginning for Multi-Touch devices.
The app includes 7 different play modes: Slicer, Looper, E-bow, Tape, Scratch, Keyboard and Loop Player; 6 simultaneous samples (with 6 voices each); 5 sound effects per sample: Distortion, Filter, Amplitude Modulator, Feedback Delay and Reverb; Gesture recorder; High quality audio engine; Detailed user guide; Import your own samples (WAV) through iTunes.; Ready to use sample library.
- Radarhead 19 [iPad, Sound] Created by Franz Keller aka VJ Franz K, RADARHEAD 19 is a visual sample box allowing you to collect and play different sounds (aliens) by arranging them in the loop field. The radar field affecting the aliens can be repositioned allowing you to create different setups at different parts of the screen. It does not appear from the videos you can load/save your own sounds or compositions but we enjoy the playfulness. Note also the awesome table for iPad live performance... For more info, see franzkeller.com/ipad Platform: iPad Version: 1.0 Cost: $0.99 Developer: Franz Keller (thanks […]
- PixelWave [iPhone, iPad, Sound] From the creator of SunVox and a number of other very interesting apps for the iOS platform, Alexander Zolotov, comes an old school pixel experimental synth for both iPhone and iPad. The app includes multitouch arpeggiator and it is possible to draw waveform and play it at the same time. Simple yet beautiful and a lot of fun. See video below. Platform: iPhone/iPad (Universal) Version: 1.0 Cost: $0.99 Developer: Alexander Zolotov /found […]
- CamBox [iPhone, Sound] CamBox is an iPhone app by Billaboop which allows you to create beatbox clips using iPhone's built in video camera. Each sound you make triggers the recording of a short video sequence, which is stored into a box. You can then play the boxes with the touch screen and save it as a video. The jams can then be shared on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and more. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0.1 Cost: 0.99 Developer: Billaboop Billaboop is a company by Amaury Hazan, a music technology and interaction enthusiast. Amaury obtained his PhD in audio signal processing, music cognition and machine learning at Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, home of the Reactable project. He has published several works in international conferences and journals and contributed to the success of recent mobile projects such as RjDj. Billaboop now collaborates with partners to bring mobile innovation to the larger […]
- Sampletoy [iPhone, Sound] From the author of Thump comes his latest app Sampletoy. As it's name would imply, Sampletoy is about having fun with sound. At it's core, Sampletoy is a simple sampler. It lets you record audio using the iPhone microphone and play it back at different pitches. You can set the loop points for the recording and play multiple copies of it at the same time using the multitouch note area. You have control over the pitch range, filter and delay effects and looping parameters. The interface is easy to use and the important parameters are up front at your fingertips. Settings can be saved and you can email yourself recordings of your 'performances'. Sampletoy was created using OpenFrameworks, which is a simple C++ Framework for doing low-level graphics and sound on a variety of platforms. OpenFrameworks is emerging as a viable alternative to ObjectiveC for iPhone development. It's well suited to games, music apps and anything else that requires high performance and doesn't require the standard UIKit components. Overall, Sampletoy it is a nice little instrument with a lot of potential creative uses. Check it out. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0.0 Cost: $1.99 Developer: Marek […]
- Slice [iPhone, Sound] Now, not because The Strange Agency buy ad space on CAN, but because every app these guys release is plain simple awesome. Their new app Slice is just as awesome as Spoke and Sound Scope Space we already wrote about. The team calls it: The ultimate DJ experience, Slice lets you juggle broken beats like a pro DJ with an absolutely unique touch interface. Jump around the loop, rearrange its pieces, select portions to make shorter loops, add and tweak echo effects, all in real time as the loop keeps playing! I do have reservations about the skinned interface and to be honest I much preferred the original prototype (see movie below) but I can understand TSA wanting to appeal to the mainstream audience also. Their other apps are a little more honest to their function but Slice is slightly overdressed. Looks to one side, Slice is a fun little app that comes pre-loaded with some slick beats, but you can also add your own. Slice, chop, rearrange, loop, echo, should make your $0.99 go a long way. See demo video below + more info on TSA's site. Platform: iPhone Version: 1.0 Cost: $0.99 Developer: The Strange […]
- Records [iPhone, Sound] Records is a Japanese independent record label brought to you by Delaware that only exists on iPhone/iPodTouch. Distributed via the AppStore, featuring now 6 apps (compilations), Re<ords apps are a new spin on distributing music. Instead of going via iTunes, Re<ords acknowledge opportunity to add value to music in the form of interactive experience or what I like to refer to as "designer apps" or collectables. Each app is individually designed and includes a spinning vinyl with custom designed label. You also receive an artwork which you can zoom into. You can "scratch" the record, move forward or even flip (by flipping your phone) to the B-Side. Each side holds one track (some with 3 costing more), lasting around 3 minutes each, in total, giving your 6 minutes of total breakbeat, sample pleasure. Check the site for youtube clips of each app. Coming soon is also the zar+Mo Label, offering classical music, early jazz and other traditional sounds. Delaware is an art collective from Japan. Their work covers the wide range of fields from cross stitch to installations to live performances. They refer to themselves as â€˜Artoonistsâ€™, a combination of Art and Cartoon. Working from the simplicity of the square as a fundamental part of thinking, nobly aiming at impressing the viewer. The collective, formed in 1993 by Masato Samata, has had a great track record and a number of exhibitions with different projects. In 2004 they published a wonderful book by the name of Designinâ€™ in the Rain... read more on 8bittoday Platform: iPhone Version: / Cost: $1.99 - $3.99 Developer: […]
- Konkreet Performer [iPhone, iPad, Sound] Very first glance at Konkreet Performer iPhone/iPad app by Konkreet Labs, visual OSC controller and visualizer for your DAW / Synth / Drum Machine / Sampler etc. Konkreet Performer is a control instrument for live music performance. Its unique and intuitive multi-touch interface reconnects the musician’s actions directly with the music. Taking full advantage of the possibilities created by the latest multi-touch technology, Konkreet Performer delivers a revolutionary new way to control your DAWs, synthesizers, samplers (anything that receives MIDI/OSC). More than a studio controller, Konkreet Performer has been designed from the ground up to be a superior live performance instrument, bringing the dynamic audio and visual connection between the musician and the audience to the stage. It will be released as an iOS App at the beginning of 2011. Coming soon for iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch konkreetlabs.com/ (Thanks […]
- “The Infinite Music Machine” for iPad – Zone out and drift away… Inspired by their joint performance at the FEED soundscape in Berlin, "The Infinite Music Machine" is an iPad application that brings together the work of sound artists Juju and Jordash with the liquid projections by Paul Skawinski. The app was developed by the team at the Future Audio Workshop. Besides enjoying the sound and visuals, user can also set the length of time the iPad generated version of the performance, from 1 minute to infinity. All that is left is to zone out and drift away - says Gavin from FAW. AppStore ($1.99) | futureaudioworkshop | jujujordash.com | infinitemusicmachine.com FAW believe in the social and personal benefits that a love of music brings. Our mission is to help spread the playing, producing and listening of music, through the medium of computer technology. This manifests itself in the software we create. Formed in 2007, FAW's headquarters are in Galway, Ireland, with an office also operating in Berlin, […]
Posted on: 13/11/2012
- Interaction Designer at Carlo Ratti Associati
- Creative Technologist at Deeplocal
- HTML / CSS Developer at Resn
- Climate Service Data Visualiser at FutureEverything
- Creative Technologist at Rewind FX
- Coder to collaborate with Agnes Chavez
- Data Scientist at Seed Scientific
- Data Engineer at Seed Scientific
- Design Technologist at Seed Scientific
- Creative Technologist, The ZOO at Google
- Web Designer and Developer at the School of Visual Arts