Artist Paul Slocum, inspired by keyboards of the 80′s like Casio SK-1 and Yamaha, created Sampleton, an iPhone application that allows you to sample sounds and play them on the keyboard. In addition, a number of tempos are available to work on top as well as ability to save configurations and switch on demand.
Sir Sampleton is a sampling keyboard, which means it can record sounds through the microphone that you can then play on a keyboard. If you want the sound of bagpipes or bells, then just use Sampleton to sample some bagpipes or bells. Or if you want more unique sounds, you can make samples with your own voice or noisy objects you find around the house.
- Sample through the microphone and then play your samples on the dual keyboards
- Save and recall your samples
- Add rhythm with the built-in beats and random beat generator
- Tweak advanced sound settings such as vibrato, note trail length, and sample time
- Put one sample on each keyboard in dual-sample mode
sir Sampleton is the first release from Paul’s new software company SOFTOFT TECHECH.
Developer: SOFTOFT TECHECH
(found via rhizome)