Company: Dominic Harris Studio
Location: London, UK
Category: Creative Coder
Looking for all creative tinkerers, hackers and experimenters. This is to work in an artist’s studio, working on technologies for new interactive artworks. This role will only suit someone who has incredible passion and abilities in bringing software and hardware technologies together.
You will need to be:
– a technology enthusiast interested in AI and human interaction
– enjoy working with embedded systems (primarily the nvidia Jetson family)
– have a ‘hacker’ mentality to make things work
As we have multiple roles available we are open to tailoring the role to the individual and continue to build a strong, talented team. We welcome applications from those at any stage of their career, and highly encourage applications from candidates who are from a diverse range of backgrounds
Who are we?
Dominic Harris Studio Ltd is the production studio of the digital artist Dominic Harris (www.dominicharris.com), an internationally exhibited artist specialising in interactive artworks and large kinetic sculptures. The team is comprised of approx. 20 people, and includes dedicated software, 3D, animation/rigging, motion capture, electronics and production teams.
What kind of skills are we looking for?
Languages and skills
– ARM / Nvidia Jetson / Freescale Im8, etc…
– Computer vision / person tracking
Examples of Experience/Interests we are interested in?
– An artistic eye
– Understanding of aesthetics
– Passion for electronics
– Talent for Code
– Knowledge in SBC embedded computers and related hardware/software, for example:
– Nvidia Jetson / Tegra (particularly TX2 and Xavier NX)
– Raspberry PI / Arduino
– Freescale im6/ imx8
– Beagleboard (legacy for now, but still of interest)
– Various sensors – distance, thermal, motion etc.
– Machine Vision / Artificial Intelligence AI
– Unreal Engine
– VFX systems such as Houdini
– Visual programming or Python
– Experience with Unreal’s Niagara,
– Real-time physics simulation
– Real-time ray-tracing / ray-marching
– The ability to read and amend C++, C# or compute shaders
– Projection Mapping i.e. VVVV or other rapid-prototyping software environments
General Information & Benefits
– Based in Notting Hill, London
– Dependent on role, potential for flexible working (working from home)
– Bonus annual leave for long-serving employees
– Company pension scheme above the UK minimums
– The Software & 3D department has a generous research budget (we’re always tinkering with the latest bits of kit and have some industry backing)
How To Apply:
Please apply by sending a CV and examples of your work (portfolio, website etc) to email@example.com