Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Retail Innovation Lab at Cartier is looking for a cross-disciplined Creative Technologist who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty. You should be excited and heavily motivated by technology, interaction & user experience design, creativity & innovation.
– Support internal projects via research and prototype development in the digital and physical space. Able to create high-fidelity and high-polish prototypes
– Keen eye for detail and visual aesthetics, steeped in user experience best practices.
– Can-do attitude – capable of collaboration with cross-functional creative teams, and also able to work independently on projects from ideation and design through implementation
– Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
– Be nice: Outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong team ethos and a sense of humor
– Support jobs in production via technical problem solving, software development, on-site installation and documentation
– Is not afraid of complex problems and challenges
– Cares about user experience
– Strong creative skills, from ideation to communication and presentation of your concepts
– Helps vet freelance engineers/developers, maintains and expands relationships with freelance programmers
– Be self driven to explore new technologies and ideate and execute projects involving those findings
EXPECTED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in a related field (i.e.Masters in Computer Science, Design & Technology or MFA) or related field or equivalent industry experience
– A solid foundation of prototyping software packages (eg. OpenFrameworks, TouchDesigner, Unity, ThreeJS) and in writing clean and documented code
– Versatility and extensive knowledge of hardware configuration and hacking.
– Ability to create IOT devices with micro-controllers and soldering (Arduino, ESP etc.)
– Core understanding & skills with Photoshop, Illustrator and knowledge of the wider Adobe Creative Suite
– Ability to clearly communicate with both tech teams and non-tech teams
– Past experience working with a multidisciplinary teams of internal or working with external specialists
– Some experience with VR/AR Tools – ARKit/ARCore etc
NICE TO HAVES:
– Experience in designing digital media for physical spaces and familiarity with large scale A/V installations (Projectors, LCD, LED, DMX/Artnet, audio)
– Mobile(iOS/Android) dev experience
– Experience in ML/Tensorflow
– Familiarity game engines (Unreal, Unity)
– Know your way around GLSL/Shaders
– Familiarity with C4D
How To Apply:
Please a quick introduction, a link to your portfolio and why you want to work at the Retail Innovation Lab at Cartier to firstname.lastname@example.org.