Location: Montreal, Canada
Category: Interaction Designer
Daily tous les jours is an Art and Design studio based in Montreal co-founded by Mouna Andraos and Melissa Mongiat in 2010. Daily leads an emergent field of practice combining technology, storytelling, performance and placemaking to reinvent living together in the 21st century.
Over the past 10 years, Daily has created large scale public artworks for more than 50 cities around the world, including the Musical Swings and Giant Sing Along.
Daily has earned numerous international recognitions in the fields of urban innovation, design and public art, notably the Grand Prize at the UNESCO Shenzhen Design Awards, a Knight Cities Challenge Award for Civic Innovation, a Fast Company Innovation by Design Award, and an Americans for the Arts Public Art Network Award.
Object Designer / Industrial Designer
Daily tous les jours is looking for a full-time Object Designer / Industrial Designer to join its design and development team to create interactive environments of all kinds: installation, layout, furniture, etc… We are looking for a collaborative team player who enjoys problem solving in a multidisciplinary and creative environment. This person must be able to communicate professionally in French and English as the majority of Daily’s clients are international.
— Creation —
– Research and design for digital arts projects, narrative environments and interactive installations;
– Participation in interactive concept development;
– Elaboration of user scenarios;
– Storyboarding, sketches and polished illustrations for concepts;
– Concept presentations;
– Active participation in the development and creation of prototypes;
– Design development in close collaboration with the other disciplines involved in the project;
– Preparation of work documents and presentations.
— Production —
– Research and follow-up with collaborators and suppliers;
– Support with production planning, suppliers, materials, etc.;
– Participation in technical solution proposals such as the choice of equipment, manufacturing processes, and assembly techniques in accordance with the project design and budget;
– Creation of detailed technical designs such as fabrication, assembly, and installation;
– Participation in site validation and final installation;
– Participation in the writing of the “Bill of Material” and assembly manuals for artworks.
— Documentation and archiving —
– Support with projects’ technical documentation during all phases of the project (testing, prototyping and production);
– Participation in projects’ archiving.
— Innovation —
– Constantly looking out for the latest trends in digital arts, interaction design, especially pertaining to public spaces and placemaking strategies;
– Research products, materials, artisans and suppliers.
The person we are looking for…
– is comfortable with prototyping tools (3D printer, Laser cutter, etc.);
– is ingenious and skilled in building different types of objects (cardboard, wood, metal, etc.);
– likes models and prototypes;
– is up to speed with current technical trends (production, materials, etc.);
– is passionate about public participation with projects;
– is comfortable with a creative work environment;
– is motivated by the challenges of a growing studio;
– loves problem solving;
– loves to collaborate with all sorts of disciplines;
– loves projects of all scales;
– has a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role or one with equivalent competencies;
– masters Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator);
– masters Rhino and Solidworks;
– at ease with Microsoft Office;
– is a skilled communicator with perfect mastery of French and English.
What we can offer you:
– a full-time position;
– a competitive salary based on experience;
– a group benefits plan after the probation period;
– a creative studio space in the heart of Mile-End;
– a flexible work environment.
Daily tous les jours is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible and ethnic minorities to apply.
DEADLINE TO APPLY : Wednesday, September 28th, 2022.
How To Apply:
Send us your application now by visiting our website at https://www.dailytouslesjours.com/en/job-offers or submit directly through this link: https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/dailytouslesjours/jobs/designer-dobjet-industriel-object-industrial-designer-cwRHXjy9Ln_R40v8JsjN0E.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those we wish to interview will be contacted.