Location: Los Angeles, USA
Category: Creative Coder
B-Reel LA is looking for an experienced, senior creative Android / graphics engineer, to join the team.
B-Reel LA is focused on the design and engineering of digital products. We think holistically about the product we’re creating, and why people would choose to use it. Our output spans a wide spectrum of platforms encompassing web design, mobile apps, UX/UI design, product development, research, visual design, prototyping, experience design, installations, mixed reality and identity design.
The Creative Engineer has their main expertise in native Android together with graphics programming (i.e. OpenGL, Vulkan) and/or various creative coding libraries. In addition, the Creative Engineer is comfortable adapting and working with different languages/platforms/APIs. Additional knowledge in Game Engines, web/cloud services, Google Firebase and physical products is a plus. An openness and curiosity to learn new technologies and an innovative approach to solutions is a must.
The Creative Engineer is responsible for the technical implementation within a project while collaborating with other team members, technical or from other disciplines. Tasks include researching and creating technology recommendations, scoping and time-estimating, design and architecture of technical solutions, prototyping and functionality implementation.
– Strong problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
– Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance software solutions.
– Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables along with the engineers, creatives and producers.
– Drive innovation and development best practices across the team and office.
– Lead technology discussion both internally and with clients.
– Creative Coding mindset (problem-solving thinking, fast prototyping, creative solving).
– Experience with Android SDK and Java/Kotlin and knowledge of the Android ecosystem.
– Experience with graphics programming APIs and shading languages (Vulkan, OpenGL, Cg, DirectX).
– Understanding of web/cloud services, experience with REST APIs and serverless backend (Google Firebase).
– Always eager to learn and explore new technologies.
Nice to have:
– Creative coding toolkits and/or game engine (i.e Unity, Unreal Engine or openFrameworks)
– iOS Development (Objective-C/Swift)
– Physical computing experience (i.e. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Android Things)
A few B-Reel perks:
– Five Paid Free Fridays annually (in addition to yearly paid time off)
– All inclusive Health Insurance where B-Reel covers 85%
– Wellness Wednesday every other week, which includes reduced workday and monthly budget for wellness activities
– Yearly Education allowance
– Paid Parental Leave according to Parental Pledge
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999.
We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: the most interested people make the most interesting things. B-Reel has studios in five cities. Besides Los Angeles we are in New York, Stockholm, Barcelona and Berlin. Our fantastic office is located in DTLA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How To Apply:
Please submit application here: https://b-reel.breezy.hr/p/1024f2b9c4b6-creative-android-graphics-engineer
Any further questions regarding the position, please contact email@example.com.