Location: New York, NY USA
FAY is a graphic design, branding and creative technology studio based NYC.
We’re a small (but growing) team that specialize in designing visual identities, websites, motion graphics, and interactive work. We work with clients across many different fields including technology, art & design, music, fashion, architecture, publishing and more.
Remote to start. In-person preferred once safe to do so, however fully remote applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
As a creative technologist at FAY you will help lead our creative technology efforts for the studio. In this role, you will use your skills in creative coding, technology and physical prototyping to help bring to life a range of projects—from interactive installations, to generative design software, sound visualization, physical prototyping, and websites (to name a few).
You will work in close collaboration with our multi-disciplinary team to help deliver future-forward and often, unexpected solutions, to life. As we continue to develop the studio’s work and scope, we will look to you to help anchor us in providing cutting-edge solutions in the branding, interactive, and new media spaces.
- Expected to be highly creative, proactive and detail oriented
- Collaborate with the team on concepting initial design ideas, down to executing final deliverables
- With direction from the Creative Director, you will work on a range of projects, often acting as the sole lead responsible for the project and its full execution, while other times in close collaboration with the larger design team & outside collaborators
- Effectively communicate with the team, and with our clients
- Manage and work on multiple projects at the same time
- Work on internally initiated studio projects (R&D and experimentation are an important part of this role)
- 3+ years professional experience
- BFA or equivalent in computer science, new media, design or similar
- A passion for design, art and creating dynamic, unexpected and future-focused work
- Ability to think creatively about design problems and formulate beautiful, unexpected solutions
- Proactive and willing to learn new technologies
- Must be fluent in TouchDesigner, Processing, MaxMSP, and have a knowledge/interest of physical prototyping using tools such as Arduino. Knowledge of 3D programs such as C4D/Blender, music programs such as Ableton, and other programming languages/protocols are a major plus.
How To Apply:
For consideration, please send applications with the subject line “Creative Technologist Application” to jobs(at)fay.design. Please include a link to your work & CV.