Company: Film University Babelsberg
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Category: Creative Coder
In the Creative Technologies group and as part of the Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliance-Projekt „Futures Art School Trends – 2045“ (funding category „Higher Art Education, Creative Industry and Business“) the Film University offers you from 01.06.2021- 30.09.2021 a challenging and manifold position as a
Creative Technologist with Focus on Web Applications
(Full-time 40h, up to salary level 13 TV-L)
The Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliance Higher Art Education, Creative Industry and Business – Futures Art School Trends – 2045 (FAST45) aims at initiating and supporting future thinking within Institutes of Higher Arts Education (IHAE). The project facilitates dialogues and the exchange of knowledge between these institutes and external socio-economic partners from a variety of disciplines.
The open position is part of the first work package of the project, which aims to systematically explore and communicate research-based data. The work package will consider the status quo, specific plans, and currently envisioned future roles and the influence of artists in the arts, business, and society, and how art institutions can provide future students with the best education possible.
Results will be presented as three Art School Futures Webinars on the topics of Future perspectives on the employment of artists, Future perspectives on the arts and technology, and Future perspectives on education in Institutes of Higher Arts Education. All results will be brought together as Art School Futures Data Map, an innovative website designed to inspire strategic futures thinking within art schools and universities and their partners.
For further information on the project or the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Lena Gieseke (email@example.com).
It will be your responsibility to coordinate the development and the implementation of the Art School Futures Webinars, and to contribute to their implementation significantly. For the development of the content, the focus is on interactive formats, also including creative-artistic approaches, which are intended to inspire future thinking. The aim is to provide a wide range of approaches to the data, ranging from in-depth insights to an intuitive overview. Techniques such as word clouds, mind maps, infographics, animations, short films, soundscapes, creative writing, etc. can be applied.
Your tasks include:
- Team management and task coordination under the supervision of the project managers
- Concept of the overall approach to the knowledge transfer and the overall audiovisual design and implementation
- Concept of the content and the audiovisual design for the Art School Futures Webinars and the Art School Futures Data Map and their implementation
- Implementation of the webinars and the data map with modern (web) technologies
The majority of the tasks can be carried out in home office. German language skills are also not necessary.
Please have a look at the official announcement:
How To Apply:
An academic university degree is required in a field suitable for the execution of the tasks. A foreign university degree must be accredited as being equivalent to a German university degree by the responsible accreditation office.
Further qualification benefits
- Advanced knowledge in frontend development for web applications with modern web technologies
- Excellent knowledge in the creation of audiovisual content with standard software
- Experience with the design and implementation of interactive applications and webinars for knowledge transfer
- Experiences with project management and self-organization
- Fluent in English
- Aptitude for team work and high communication skills
The Film University values diversity and pursues equal opportunities regardless of gender, nationality, ethnicity, social background, religion/belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation and identity. Women and applicants with disabilities will be considered preferably in the case of equal qualifications. Applicants from abroad, with a migration background and with family care responsibilities are explicitly welcome.
Are you interested? Please send us the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae (including address and phone number)
- Documentation of relevant projects and a portfolio
- Certificates of school, training and university degrees (a foreign university degree must be accredited as being equivalent to a German university degree by the responsible accreditation office)
- Proofs of employment
by 30.04.2021 exclusively via our online application portal: https://karriere.filmuniversitaet.de/en/jobposting/8796b6ad648128811c45e41ab67467c9cb0e46580/apply?ref=homepage
If you are having issues with the application portal being in German, please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we are happy to assist you!