Company: Mercedes-Benz AG
Location: Sindelfingen, Germany
Category: Creative Coder
At Mercedes-Benz Cars Group Research & Development (RD), we design the future of automotive. We aim for the most innovative of products with the highest quality that will secure our technological leadership.
For our Advanced UX Design department we are looking to hire a Prototyper / Creative Coder. Our department is responsible for designing the User Experience of future Mercedes-Benz cars and concept cars. Our multi-disciplinary team designs digital interfaces and builds experiences that are set 5 to 25 years into the future.
With your background in both design and technology, we are looking to you to help us bring these ideas to life in prototypes using advanced tools and technologies.
Your tasks in detail
- Design of digital, automotive human-machine-environment interactions with specialization in interface concepts for future Mercedes-Benz Cars, concept and research cars and other digital applications
- Focus on design and rapid prototyping for the development of new, digital human-machine communication in the automotive sector
- Bringing user experience ideas to life through interactive prototypes in seating bucks, integrated systems and external hardware
- Experimental design and coding with the help of new technologies
- Provide technology and software expertise to the Mercedes-Benz Design organization
- Design research and development of strategies, taking social, cultural and technological trends and developments into account
- College degree as a designer with a focus on interaction design, computational design, generative design or equivalent work experience in the mentioned areas
- 5 Years of professional experience
- Designer as expert in rapid prototyping and creative coding
- Very good knowledge of design processes and very capable of working with cross-functional design and development teams
- Experience in user studies and design research
- German and English skills at a good level
- Enthusiastic and experimental in discovering and exploring new tools
- High degree of creativity
- Enthusiasm for the digital revolution around mobility in general and trends in the areas of design, media and technology
- System thinker with high sense of aesthetics and usability
- Innovative problem-solving and design skills to present complex information comprehensibly and transform it into emotional experiences for all senses
- Outstanding analytical skills as well as a pragmatic and independent approach to work
- Capable of creating innovative and high-quality designs even under time pressure and to work on the tasks according to priorities
- Intellectual interest in social, cultural and technical developments
It doesn’t work completely without formalities. When sending your online application, please attach your CV, an individual letter and any references you may have (max. 5 MB). And most importantly, please attach a link to your digital or online portfolio, so we get a sense of your creativity.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact HR Services by e-mail at email@example.com or at the following telephone number 0711/17-99000.
How To Apply:
Please apply via the Job Post at Mercedes-Benz Jobs: