Category: Creative Coder
Senior Creative Developer (Unreal Engine)
We are seeking an experienced Senior Creative Developer (Unreal) to join our tight-knit creative studio with an international reputation creating interactive artworks.
You will work as a senior/lead developer within our multi-disciplinary team focusing on designing and building custom creative solutions and tools predominantly on the UE4/UE5 based artworks. This is the perfect opportunity to take a lead in creative development and R&D in the context of an Artist’s Studio
Dominic Harris Studio specialises in interactive realtime artworks and immersive installations. The team is comprised of approx. 20 people, and includes dedicated software, 3D, animation/rigging, motion capture, electronics and production teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating real-time 4K screen-based and multi-channel immersive installations and artworks of exceptional standard and uniqueness.
- Access to R&D budgets and resources to ensure studio remains at cutting-edge.
- Working with the software and 3d teams to guide and ensure efficient development of artworks.
- Liaising with the artist, various managers and design/production teams.
- Travelling nationally and internationally to artwork installs and site visits.
- A minimum of 7years of production experience in a professional environment (eg. Games, XR, VR, Animation or Film Industry)
- Expertise in Unreal Engine (UE4 and upcoming UE5) including tools, pipeline and animation.
- Excellent knowledge of Blueprints for Unreal.
- Demonstrable passion for tech/art/experiential events and involvement in the wider software development community (i.e. blog, GitHub, etc)
- An understanding of Shaders, particularly Shader Code like Vertex, Compute and Pixel.
- Knowledge and understanding of particle simulation systems (eg. Niagara).
- Experience with integration with Animators, 3D artists and its Pipelines.
- An eye for design and creating beautiful aesthetics through generating graphics with code.
- Competent time management skills; able to work on several projects at once, thrive on challenges and deliver to tight client deadlines.
Not essential, but beneficial:
- Knowledge of NDisplay and large scale setups
- An understanding of Linux vs Windows in relation to Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Unity, particularly an understanding of previous Unity versions, changes and bugs.
- Experience with AI / Machine Learning / Computer Vision – eg skeleton tracking system
- Understanding of animation pipeline (including working with data from
- Houdini, and working with animation/rigging data, etc
- Must have the right to work in the UK (visa), hold a valid passport and be willing to travel for work.
- We are looking for candidates who are fully vaccinated. This is to ensure that all members of the team are able to travel safely without complication.
We ask that all team members take LFT tests on a biweekly basis.
How To Apply:
Please apply via Indeed the below link: