Location: Denver, CO
Category: Interaction Designer
Hovercraft is looking for a talented and experienced UI designer to create industry-leading interfaces for web, mobile, and immersive digital installations. We need a strategic and conceptual thinker with the skills to bring their ideas to life through progressive design. You must think big at kickoff, be multidisciplinary in your approach, and sweat every detail through delivery; as you will both guide and contribute to each project throughout its entire life cycle.
You will be responsible for designing a wide range of interactive digital experiences in digital and physical spaces. You will be working and collaborating closely with other experience, spatial, motion and brand designers as well as our development team to bring all manner of AR, VR, Game UI, Configurators and Show Controllers to life with a deep focus on interaction and animation. Experience with UX and non-traditional interfaces is a huge plus.
Hovercraft is a remote-first company, anyone/anywhere is encouraged to apply.
The average salary range for this position is $90,000 – $120,000 annually, plus comprehensive benefits. Salary is determined by a combination of factors that include qualifications, applicable skills, relevant experience and other budgetary considerations such as location/geography.
- 5+ Years of proven interactive design experience at a creative agency or studio.
- Exceptional portfolio showing great taste, inventive design thinking and high-level execution.
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch and Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects).
- Strong understanding of front-end web technologies.
- Demonstrate design intent through motion comps or high-fidelity prototypes.
- Experience with all stages of the design process, from conceptualizing styles to finalizing layouts and collaborating with front end developers.
- Able to communicate at a high level and present work to both internal and client teams.
- Self-motivated, desire to push the boundaries of the brief, the brand, and exploit creative opportunities to maximize impact while meeting deadlines and confidently making decisions to progress projects.
- Applicants, please include resume or LinkedIn profile, and portfolio site or download link of PDF.
Benefits & Perks
- Hovercraft is a remote-first company.
- A 401k plan with 4% company-matching because we care about your future.
- We pay 100% coverage for your medical, dental and vision plans.
- We provide Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, which we hope you never need.
- Paid sick time, because sick happens.
- Paid parental leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- Paid holidays, end-of-year company-wide break, and an equitable vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- Collaborative and communicative team setting that ensures a healthy company culture.
- An annual company retreat dubbed the Hovercraft Hideout where we power-down the mainframe to let loose and build friendships.
- Work From Home Stipend, so you’re comfortably equipped to do what you do.
- The opportunity to work with an eclectic, passionate & creative-minded crew.
Equal Opportunity For All
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to upholding Hovercraft values, promoting innovation, and delivering the best work. Our success is directly related to the team members that we hire, grow and retain, and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of our clients and their consumers. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
How To Apply:
Find us at https://hovercraftstudio.com/careers, or drop us a line at email@example.com