Asia Culture Center (ACC) is pleased to announce the International Open Call for ACC Residency 2022. Applications are currently being accepted online with a submission deadline of June 13, 2022.
Under the theme of Post-COVID-19 Era, Posthumanism, ACC Residency 2022 seeks to interrogate issues such as the Fourth Industrial Revolution in the contactless era, the changes in the notion of labor brought about by the digital transformation and the new relationship between humans and things (the post-human).
The Residency consists of five categories: Art & Technology, Visual Arts, Design, Theater, and Dialogue and is opened to all creators and researchers who have experience and capability to propose and implement a project exploring the theme.
ACC will support selected participants with workspaces, accommodation, a grant of KRW2,000,000 per month, and research/project funding up to KRW 10,000,000 for Researchers and up to KRW 50,000,000 for Creators. In addition, ACC will offer various resources from seminars, workshops to consulting sessions with experts as well as production facilities and audio-visual equipment in ACT Studio. ACC will work closely with the each participant and projects developed throughout the 5-month residency will be presented through showcase, exhibition and performance in December.
For more information and to apply, please visit ACC’s website. The selection process will consist of two steps, application document review and interview through which around 27 individuals/teams are expected to be selected. The announcement will be made in July through ACC website.
- Application Period: May 23 – June 13, (6:00 p.m. KST), 2022
- Apply online at www.acc.go.kr
- Theme: Post-COVID-19 Era, Posthumanism
- Residency Period: Aug 2022 – Dec 2022 (5 months)
- Category: Art & Technology, Visual Arts, Design, Theater, Dialogue
- Eligible Applicants: Individuals/groups who have experience and potential and are actively involved in the relative fields.
- Grant, project/research fund, and supporting programs.
- Presentation at group exhibition/showcase/academic event.
- Workspace, accommodation, and ACT center.
- Airfares for international participants.
Materials to Submit
- Application form (including Personal Information Collection and Usage Agreement) in a provided form (.pdf)
- A project (or research) proposal in a provided form (.pdf)
- A portfolio in a provided form (.pdf, maximum 30 pages including the cover, not exceeding 50MB)
- A Letter of Recommendation (only for international applicants)
About Asia Culture Center and ACC Residency
Asia Culture Center (ACC) located in Gwangju, South Korea, is an international arts and culture organization committed to bringing together and fostering exchange among different regions and disciplines. As one of its year-round programs, ACC Residency is a platform for research, creation and production that brings together creative talents from around the world to share their knowledge, technological insight and experience. Since 2015, it has supported the cross-disciplinary, inventive, and bold projects of more than 740 creators, designers, artists and researchers.
Asia Culture Center 38 Munhwajeondang-ro, Dong-gu, Gwangju 61485, Republic of Korea
For more information, please visit www.acc.go.kr/en
ACC Residency_2022 Open Call Managing Office