InterAccess’ Vector Festival returns with its fifth edition next summer and its curators have issued their annual call for work in and around the edges of videogame culture. Robotic installations, live coding, machinima – the festival has presented unique work since its inception, and that has fostered an expectedly passionate community of alumni and loyal attendees that return each year. Some general details for would-be applicants:
Since 2013, Vector Festival has developed an active presence in regional and international communities related to contemporary art and critical game cultures. Curators Skot Deeming and Martin Zeilinger invite you to contribute artworks for consideration toward festival programming, which will include a feature exhibition at InterAccess throughout the month of July, along with off-site screenings, performances, workshops, and panels from July 13-16, 2017.
- Project description and artist statement (2 pages maximum)
- Documentation (maximum five images and one video; for large files please provide a URL)
- Detailed description of technical requirements (please outline materials provided by the artist and materials expected from the exhibiting venue
- Current CV (3 pages maximum)
- Artist biography (100 words)
Submission deadline: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at midnight (EST). Submission should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the official call for additional submission details and guidelines.